PDA

View Full Version : advice for beginners

skatana600
12-26-2002, 08:39 PM
hey, i`m wondering what is the best way to get the most shine out of a car? what products can i use which are the best? etc.

thanks

ragtopgolfer
12-27-2002, 07:59 AM
Welcome !

It may be best if you searched through the Detailing archive, that would be the best place to start.

Nagchampa
12-27-2002, 10:53 AM
wash car

CB with soapy water

rinse

Use #9 with a PC

follow with #7

then with #26 or P21S(same as S100)

get some QD for bird bombs

MF`s are important to have also.

hope this helps ;)

Jngrbrdman
12-27-2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by shkani04

hey, i`m wondering what is the best way to get the most shine out of a car? what products can i use which are the best? etc.

thanks

That is kind of the whole theme of this website. :) The answers are in the search (http://www.autopia.org/forums/search.php?) button. Trust me, there is no easy answer to that question. It all depends on how much money you want to spend, what kind of car, what color of car, how much time you have to spend, where you live, etc. We`ve been discussing yur very question for a couple years now. Welcome to the conversation! :wavey

Lowejackson
12-27-2002, 12:26 PM
From Autopia`s main page

Autopia Guide to Detailing is the forum`s official detailing guide. Offered in a downloadable, Win PC, ebook format, the book contains 26 information-packed chapters. This is an excellent guide for enthusiast and professional detailers, alike. Click here to take an on-line test drive. Click here to download the first 8 chapters FREE. http://autopia-carcare.com/lib/autopia/Autopia.exe

The autopia community is self-funded. All proceeds from the book support the autopia website and ensure its future. When you purchase the book, you will be upgraded to `Contributing Member` status. In the near future, Contributing Members will have access to additional autopia content and features. Subscribe now for only $9.95.

Steven

ragtopgolfer
12-27-2002, 12:37 PM

thanks

Not that I would necessarily be able to help but for those AUTOPIANS who are very knowledgeable you`ve got to give them more information in order for them to help you. Color of car, years since you have detailed it, current condition of paint, climate, etc

& budget & time as Jngrbrdman mentioned.

shaf
12-27-2002, 04:16 PM
Sorry to repeat what`s been said, but I think the best thing to do is read the eBook, then use the search function to help you along and fill in any knowledge blanks and questions you have. Also, you will have to try to evaluate the condition of your paint finish and how figure out how much prep work it needs. See Jngr`s post for other considerations, because they will factor in too.

Among the products that are talked about most or are most popular here, which brand you choose isn`t quite as important as choosing the right product for the job and using it well. Good luck! :xyxthumbs

imported_Custom Detail
12-27-2002, 04:38 PM

thanks

Tons of information on this site..

Do get the detailers guide....Highly recomended.

Actually if you hang around this site long enough,

your car will begin to get shiney all by itself.

:xyxthumbs