PDA

View Full Version : how do i get paint marks off of my car?

rubenz
12-25-2002, 12:53 AM
i have some paint scrapes from another car on my passanger door. The paint that the other car left is white. is there some kinda special way to get it out? i don`t want to have to repaint the door. any help is greatly appreciated.:xyxthumbs

Degislek
12-25-2002, 01:05 AM
I would try using a clay such as mothers. It can be purchased at Pepboys.

rubenz
12-25-2002, 01:14 AM
i already clay barred my whole car. and i took extra time to clay bar the scratches but it didn`t work.:nixweiss

Degislek
12-25-2002, 01:39 AM
Sorry man.... That Sux. The only thing I can think of is it might not be the paint from the other car but it might be the primer from yours. This happened to my friends car. He had to get the dorrs repainted.

hondaguy2582
12-25-2002, 01:51 AM
3m rubbing compound with a pc7424!!!!!!!! theres your answer!!!!!!!!!!!

shaf
12-25-2002, 04:19 AM
Some people have suggested an abrasive like a scratch remover.

Jngrbrdman
12-25-2002, 11:27 AM
Clay doesn`t work that great on paint swapping. I`ve always had great success with GS27 and Meguiar`s ScratchX. They are made to take off paint like that. My sister got a little too close to a cement barricade in a rental car this summer. It was painted yellow and she scraped off a lot of it on her front bumper. GS27 took most of it off just by hand. I put some on the yellow pad on my PC and that took care of the rest. The friction sometimes makes it hard to do it by hand. It gets a little warm. On a little job, doing it by hand is a piece of cake. I would head to the store and get some ScratchX. It is perfect for what you are trying to do. I wouldn`t ever use it on my entire car like I would SMR or #9, but on small spots it works awesome. That is what its designed for. :up