PDA

View Full Version : yellow pad

imported_2wheelsx2
12-24-2002, 08:50 PM
hey guys i have fallen in love with the results from 3m finnese it 2 and a yellow cma bad. but have a few questions first it takes for ever for finnese it to fully break down and on 4-6 speed on the pc the vibration on the pc is killer. my guess is this is because of the stiffer compostion of the yellow pad as opposed to the black or white pads. my question is what is a simailar material t the fi 2 but breaks down faster? secondly any one come up wiht a way to minimize the vibration in the pc. i was thinking maybe filling the handle with some gel like in bicyle seats? i have no idea how to accomplish this though

shaf
12-24-2002, 09:36 PM
What backing pad and counterweight combo are you using?

imported_2wheelsx2
12-24-2002, 10:28 PM
what ever came in the cma kit. no sure lol

shaf
12-24-2002, 11:00 PM
Do you have the 6" counterweight? (Or what model PC do you have?)

imported_2wheelsx2
12-24-2002, 11:47 PM
lowes 7336, but i dont remeber if the cma kit came with a counter weight or i used what was on the pc > hmmmm?

shaf
12-25-2002, 04:15 AM
Okay, if you have a 7336 then you have the heavier (6") weight already. If it`s really bothering maybe try the Megs backing pad or buy some padded gloves? :nixweiss

Someone help him with the other question! :p

Malibu
12-25-2002, 07:12 PM
Yeah, I have the 7336 from Lowes too, and it came with the 6" counterweight. So if you haven`t changed anything, you have the correct one already in there.

As for your other question, I have obtained great results with the yellow pad and 3M Perfect-It III Machine Polish. I haven`t used FI-2, but I believe the PI-III is just slightly less abrasive. It breaks down quickly and easily and has taken out some pretty nasty swirl marks. It leaves a very clean, deep finish without any fillers.

Mike