PDA

View Full Version : black 98 f150 suggestions

1andrews
12-24-2002, 07:28 PM
Starting to detail a black F150, in `fair` shape. Needed to do it with items I could find on the shelves here (unfortunately).

knew I wanted to claybar and polish and wax to whatever extent I could. already have the mothers clay bar which I used tonight and in the store I found the megiuar`s 3 step deep crystal system...

got

step 1.meguiar`s deep crystal system paint cleaner

step 2. " " " " polish

and step 3, instead of the system carnuba, I got meguiar`s #26, hi-tech yellow wax.

Are these 3 items any good at all? I`m sort of assuming that even though the first 2 arent the top of the line meguiar`s, they should work fairly well. What do you all think, should I return them or just see what happens.

And last question is how do you think that #26 will do on the black paint? I should have zaino in the mailbox any time soon, so its possible that I could wait for that, but I would much rather have the truck done closer to christmas.

are there any IN STORE products that would be better or more recommended? or should I use mothers cleaner wax instead of one of those items (i already have it)

Thanks guys/gals!!

samiam513
12-24-2002, 08:46 PM
I have a red f150 flareside. It had been taken down sooo many jeep trails that when i got it it was pink from the siwrls. This is how I revived it.

PC.

Clay

meg #83

SMR

Zaino

S100

best thing of all to do on here is search. You will find all the info you need on detailing up till the day you get a rotary.

imported_BretFraz
12-24-2002, 10:34 PM
The stuff you have is fine for the price. There isn`t too much good stuff at retail unless you really know what you want and where to get it. I think for this detail you`ll be OK with the Meg`s.

Both 3M and Meguiar`s make pro quality polishes and cleaners that will do most any job you want them to. So there is other stuff out there if you want to research it and track it down.

1andrews
12-24-2002, 10:44 PM
"Both 3M and Meguiar`s make pro quality polishes and cleaners that will do most any job you want them to. So there is other stuff out there if you want to research it and track it down."

Trust me I`ve been looking hard at stores around here (north florida) for a while. I finally broke down and have been just looking to order stuff. But for this truck (its my fathers and I`m doing it for christmas) I wanted to get it done now and not wait for an order to come in. This was really the only stuff I could find, couldn`t even find any other meguiar`s proffessional line products!

RETAIL STINKS!

So I guess these items will have to do, I`ll post my results with them.

"best thing of all to do on here is search. You will find all the info you need on detailing up till the day you get a rotary."

And yes I have been searching and researching this forum for a good month or two! :-D

just new to posting...

nate010753
12-25-2002, 12:01 PM
Go to www.properautocare.com

They have everything you`ll ever need. They deliver it within a day or so. great company. THey will also answer any questions you have. :xyxthumbs

1andrews
12-26-2002, 10:13 AM
I like CMA`s product line, but the cost of shipping from them is too high for my taste.

http://www.premiumautocare.com is having a sale right now, and free shipping for orders over 75 bucks, so I`m gonna get some stuff from them.

and 3m`s car care store has free shipping, and their bulk items seem very cheap.

I`m trying to shop around a lot before I get a big order, as I have come to find out just how expensive taking care of your car can be!

mrdetailer
12-26-2002, 01:54 PM
Mine carries a full line of both Meguiars and 3M surface Pre products. Perfect-It Show Car Past wax is good for a Carnauba, and the Perfect-It Glazes and SMR products are hard to beat. Try a Harley dealer for S100 SEPC (light glaze) and the S100 Carnauba wax if you want a carnauba that goes on and off easily and leaves a brilliant shine. Repels dust pretty well too.

Afraid most high end sealants like Klasse, Blackfire, Platinum, P21S, and Pinnacle are best available over the Internet. Most ship promptly however.

a good combination would be In this Order.

3M SMR

Meguiars #7 Glaze

S100 Shine Enhancing Paintwork Cleaner

Klasse All In One

Blackfifre Paint Protectant. 2 coats recommended.

S100 Carnauba Wax.