PDA

View Full Version : Removing Adhesive from Plastic

Mindflux
12-24-2002, 12:22 AM
Welp, I ran a search and found plenty of threads on removing glue from paint (badges and stuff) but I didn`t manage to find any on removing glue/adhesive residue from Plastic.

I bought a used game today, and it had a label on it so I peeled it off and am now left with the gummy glue and my cd.

I tried some Citrus based degreaser and that didn`t seem to do much for it. That`s about as far as I went. I thought about lighter fluid or gasoline, but obviously I want the CD to be playable ...

Does anyone here have some suggestions what I might be able to try to get the glue off without ruining the disc .. (or the label on the cd).

Thanks for any advice,

Ryan

:bow

Patrick
12-24-2002, 12:27 AM
Try lemon oil....

Goo Gone.....

old_gonzo
12-24-2002, 10:40 AM
What about 3M Adhesive Remover? That is what I would try in your situation. :)

imported_doug
12-24-2002, 12:16 PM
Goo Gone is really, really good at removing adhesive, and it is far more pleasant to use than the 3M stuff or Goof-off, which are volatile, smell bad, bad for your skin and WILL damage some plastics. Goo-Gone has never harmed anything I`ve tried it on and always works on adhesive residue.

nate010753
12-24-2002, 12:34 PM
Go to Home Depot and get this stuff called Afta it is specifically an adhesive remover. Works great!!!!!!

Hawkeye_TDI
12-24-2002, 01:28 PM
Enamel reducer works as well

MERRY MERRY EVERYONE!

Bruce