PDA

View Full Version : Will APC+ Remove Zaino?

billrouleau
12-23-2002, 09:14 PM
I guess the subject says it all. :D Also, if APC+ does remove Zaino, are there other products that will as well (besides rubbing alcohol). Thx.

bigpoppa
12-23-2002, 09:59 PM
any abrasive product will, such as PPCL. if APC is similar, I`d say so. it may take 2 applications to be sure. I did PPCL 2X and it did the trick.

C. Charles Hahn
12-23-2002, 10:18 PM
APC is a general purpose degreaser. It does list that it is for wax removal as one of the dilutions on the bottle. I would think it could remove Zaino, if applied at the right concentration. :nixweiss

imported_BretFraz
12-24-2002, 12:04 AM
APC is a pretty expensive Z remover. IPA is less than $1 per bottle. Why not just use that and be done with it?

billrouleau
12-24-2002, 09:24 AM
I was just concerned that IPA wouldn`t work after reading throught the archives (Ron K`s posts). However, many people said they used either ISA or denatured alcohol and it worked, so I`ve decided to go that route.

I asked about removing Zaino because I`m concerned it didn`t bond properly on 2 cars I applied it on. I had #26 on those cars about 3 weeks ago, so I did a dawn wash before Z-ing. After the wash I had a suspicion that dawn didn`t take off all the #26, but I applied Z anyway (2 of Z5 and one of Z2). The cars look good, but I`m worried it didn`t bond properly, so I figured this May I would remove any Z left and redo the cars properly. Thanks everyone for the replys! I`ll post pics when i get a digicam (soon ;) ).

TortoiseAWD
12-24-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by bretfraz

APC is a pretty expensive Z remover. IPA is less than $1 per bottle. Why not just use that and be done with it? I believe the APC dilution ratio for de-waxing is 64:1. At $11.00 per gallon, one ouce of APC costs about $0.09. You could mix up several gallons of APC for use as a de-waxer for less than $0.50.

That said, I don`t know if APC at the recommended dilution for de-waxing would also remove a durable polymer.

Tort

VetteToVair
12-24-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by 500amg

I was just concerned that IPA wouldn`t work after reading throught the archives (Ron K`s posts). However, many people said they used either ISA or denatured alcohol and it worked, so I`ve decided to go that route.

I asked about removing Zaino because I`m concerned it didn`t bond properly on 2 cars I applied it on. I had #26 on those cars about 3 weeks ago, so I did a dawn wash before Z-ing. After the wash I had a suspicion that dawn didn`t take off all the #26, but I applied Z anyway (2 of Z5 and one of Z2). The cars look good, but I`m worried it didn`t bond properly, so I figured this May I would remove any Z left and redo the cars properly. Thanks everyone for the replys! I`ll post pics when i get a digicam (soon ;) ).

there was a recent thread about 6 layers of zaino lasting four months. i know, i know, this varies. but if you`re afraid it didn`t bond properly, i would bet my future powerball winnings that it wont be there in may.