PDA

View Full Version : Question:PC 7424 use with AIO & SG.

Escape Artist
12-23-2002, 10:56 AM
From reading various threads I realize there are differences in preferred application methods on just about everything. I also noticed that there are sometimes difficulties with removing SG.

Not having used the AIO and SG before, and using my new PC 7424, does anyone use the PC from beginning to end for everything--even for final buffing with a mf bonnet?

That would be my preferred method because it seems that it would be more efficient to let the machine and materials do the work--it would simply look better! It would seem to me also that if I use the PC for SG application and removal, I would also minimize my chances of screwing it up, provided I don`t apply too much. But even if I did, wouldn`t using the PC with a mf bonnet remove it easily?

Any comments from members who have tried both methods (hand and PC) would be greatly appreciated.

edwin907
12-23-2002, 12:46 PM
I`m also very new at this, having just done it a few days ago, but if you apply too much SG, no the micro bonnett will not take it off, you have to resort to a quick detailer like wipe and shine.

The biggest problem I had was applying the SG with the grey finishing pad. Pretty hard not to get too much in some areas, if you can see it, it`s too much.

Next time, I`ll apply less SG, and maybe work it in with the PC and grey pad a little more.

Classics`s directions say when applying by had, use a little wipe and shine to make it go farther and easier, but don`t mention this when applying by machine. But next time I`ll try using it with the PC by misting the grey finishing pad just a little Eagle W & S.

And using two mf bonnets might be a good idea, one dry at first, then one misted with the Eagle W & S to remove all of the SG residue.

I didn`t bother using the PC to remove the AIO, it comes off very very easy with a mf towel, but applying it by PC is the way to go. And it`s also great on clearcoated rims (applied by hand of course).

All in all, my first use resulted in a black 03 VR6 VW GTI that is unbelievably shiny and reflective. And that`s just the AIO and 1 coat of SG. When warmer weather and longer days get here, I will use the PC to remove the few swirls and scratches the dealer provided me with with some 3M SMR, then redo the AIO and SG.

Edwin