PDA

View Full Version : PC 7424 kit.

Escape Artist
12-22-2002, 10:23 PM
Received the kit from Coastal. Never used this system before.

The backing pad and white foam pad that came with it--are they ok to use?

Or should I go to CMA and get what?

For now, all I`m looking to do is apply AIO and SG. I want to use the PC to get used to using it and progress to other uses in the future.

If the experienced members who are familiar with this kit could respond I would appreciate it greatly.

jcattarulla
12-22-2002, 10:44 PM
I got mine from Coastal, too :)

My 7424 came with:

- 7424 machine with 5" counterweight

- white pad that is attached to a screw which you attach directly to the machine

- velcro backing plate

- 6" counterweight

What you want to do is take the white foam pad that it came with (the one that screws directly into the machine) and use it for polishing your shoes :p or your bathroom floor. Otherwise, toss it.

Buy a Torx 15

Take the 5" counterweight that comes installed in the machine, and swap it out for the 6" counterweight that Coastal includes for free in their bonus kit.

Screw in the velcro backing plate that coastal included in their bonus kit into the machine.

Buy white (polishing) and yellow (cutting) pads with the velcro backing from CMA. These pads are concave which reduces splatter, are high-quality, long-lasting, and easy to use.

I just did this whole routine, and asked my friends here, so that`s the deal- good luck! :wavey

CharlesW
12-22-2002, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by jcattarulla

What you want to do is take the white foam pad that it came with (the one that screws directly into the machine) and use it for polishing your shoes :p or your bathroom floor. Otherwise, toss it.

Is it really that bad? I still use mine for #9 swirl remover and it seems to work great. I have Meguiar`s velcro backing plate and pads as well, but for the occasional #9 use, the pad that came with the PC seems to be fine. If you have no use for it, I would like to have it. I would be glad to pay for the shipping. PM me if we can work something out.

Charles

shaf
12-22-2002, 11:52 PM
If all you want to do right now is apply Klasse, leave the 5" weight on and just use the foam pad that it comes with. Some people don`t mind using it, so it can`t be the worst thing in the world.

Use the pad to apply AIO and use it to lightly polish the car. Then apply SG by hand because that white pad is a "polishing" pad.

It`s probably best to get a pad kit at some point though, because the white pad it comes with will eventually wear out and doesn`t give the flexibility you may want in the future.

Instead of getting just a T15 screwdriver, consider getting something with a bunch of detachable bits (you may even have one of these already). Not only will it be handy someday, but my PC came equipped with T20 screws for some reason.

EDIT: Charles is one of those people who use the included pad. :D

Escape Artist
12-23-2002, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the advice. I will probably also get some grey finishing pads from CMA and some microfiber bonnets as well.