PDA

View Full Version : How do I repair scratches on my door?

prgallo
07-29-2004, 08:50 PM
I pulled to close to a cement pole in the parking garage and have four scratches (front to rear) on my passenger door. They are all deep with one to the metal, although it doesn`t appear dented.

They are all four inces long, may 1/16 wide.

I`ve read up on how to repair chips, would the same approach apply? If do, anything special required to keep the touch-up paint from running?

Thanks in advance for any help you might offer.

CharlesW
07-29-2004, 09:15 PM
Not to be a pessimist cause that`s not my style, but I think you might want to consider having just that panel repainted. Anything other than just a paint chip is very difficult to fill in with touch-up paint.

Charles

central
07-29-2004, 09:40 PM
check your pm, not sure how linking other sites here is taken. :dunno

91LSMAN
07-29-2004, 11:00 PM
Personally I would look into having it professionally painted. If they are as deep as the metal, touch up may not look too good.

ohsoclean
07-29-2004, 11:34 PM
:yeah :yeah

i agree. sometimes its to much work and some cash to get it where you :wait "almost dont even see it " :wait but you can take it and have it repainted and blended and then you def wont see it. no time wasted ... no cash wasted on something that you will be taking a tottal chance on.

central
07-30-2004, 02:47 PM
glad it is/was of some use!:bigups

:wait post before and afters:)

prgallo
07-30-2004, 08:17 PM
I think I will give fixing it a shot, since if it doesn`t come out OK, painting is still the answer.