PDA

View Full Version : CMA White Pad or CMA Yellow Pad (using the right tool for the job)

Degislek
12-22-2002, 09:39 PM
Hi guys,

I just ordered a PC 7424 from Coastal Tools. Can`t beat the price with the bonus kit. I also ordered a 5 inch velcro back plate to see what combo I like best. I am about to order some pads from CMA and I want to know which ones I should get. I still have some swirls in the paint I could not remove using Meg`s #9 SMR 2.0 by hand, though it is much better (when I got the car it looked like the prep guy must have tried to wash the car with 100 grit sandpaper). I have gotten the swrils to the point where they can only be seen from the right angle in the sun and under flourscent (SP?) light at night. I just want to know if you guys would reccomend applying 9 with a yellow or white pad? Should I go directly to the yellow medium cut pad or see if the mild cut white pad does the trick? I will be ordering both pads. My mother just tried to remove baked birdie dung with green scrubbies and that orange clean stuff they sell on TV. Sometimes you just have to wonder. I have never seen swirls that bad. I`m going to try and post before and after pics.

Thanks in advance - Kevin

C. Charles Hahn
12-22-2002, 09:51 PM
delete the thread over in member articles.... that fixes the breach. ;)

and to answer your question, always start with the least abrasive and work your way up. :)

Welcome to Autopia!

Degislek
12-22-2002, 09:58 PM
I deleted the post in member articles :)