PDA

View Full Version : wax removal and klasse problem/question

waynejitsu
12-22-2002, 06:22 PM
i want to use klasse AIO & SG on my car, the problem is, it has collinite 915 on it. i tried the dawn wash- twice and had a LOT of dawn mixed in both times. the car is still beading like crazy! can AIO and AG be applied over collinite wax?

Brad B
12-22-2002, 07:16 PM
Water will "bead" even on "naked" super clean paint. Are you sure this isn`t the case? Rub your finger over the paint? Is it "squeaky" clean? I bet the old wax is really removed.

waynejitsu
12-22-2002, 07:25 PM
it is dark out now and the car is covered, so i can`t honestly answer the question(although i did not know water would bad on a non waxed surface, learn something new everyday). what if all the wax is not removed, will AIO work over the existing (if it is there)wax? will it remove the wax that is left on the car(it is supposed to be a cleaner/prep)? i then plan to apply about 6 coats of SG over 1 or 2 coats of AIO. does this sound right?

Andre'
12-22-2002, 08:46 PM
The AIO will remove the wax the Dawn didn`t. There is no need to apply more than one coat of AIO. Any more than 4 coats KSG is a bit much, after the 4th coat the appearance doesn`t improve much. But you can try it if you like.:)

shaf
12-22-2002, 10:56 PM
It`s been sometimes suggested that Dawn is over-hyped as a wax remover. I recall a fairly recent thread where someone complained about Dawn failing to strip off his Megs #26 wax, with several members not being surprised at this. If Dawn has trouble stripping off #26, I bet it would have more trouble with the Collinite, which is advertised to be detergent proof anyway.

AIO might take care of it as said, but if you`re feeling paranoid, any mild polish or pre-wax cleaner will also strip it off for sure.

waynejitsu
12-22-2002, 10:59 PM
"any mild polish or pre-wax cleaner will also strip it off for sure."

any suggestions? meguiers or 3M prefered(i can get it local)

thanks for the info...

shaf
12-23-2002, 12:16 AM
Whatever you have lying around :D Seriously though, something mild.

It was just an idea, but many people before have said that AIO should take care of it. I just mean if the Collinite was really new or the surface feels freshly waxed I might be inclined to use something before AIO myself. Just wait and see how it feels when you go out to do it before deciding to do something that may be a waste of time.