PDA

View Full Version : An update on my garage......

silk27106
12-22-2002, 12:02 PM
Fellas,

I just finished up installing plywood in my attic so now I can walk around up there and store my stuff. I bought two big floor cabinet from Lowes and put them in my foyer(coming from my garage) and thats` where my cleaning stuff, Zaino, MF`s are. My Sears 2 stage stand up air compressor is nicely in the corner and my new Craftsman tool chest is fitting good too. Picked up a "put it together" work bench from Home Depot. It`s 2 car garage and I installed better lighting..... 2- 4 bulb flourescents with wood accented ends. My electrician will be installing 3-foot flourescents in my attic this week. As you know my Floor was professionally epoxied 3 years ago and looks GREAT, but just noticed where it`s cracking in the corner due to my home shifting...... I may try and super glue it.......I`m trying to get everything OFF the floor as my 2001 Camaro SS has doors like a 747..... need as much space as I can get! I`ll take a pic and try and post it herebut don`t know how. I`ll get with David(moderator) on that.

tdsoup
12-23-2002, 03:34 PM
Sounds like some progress. I just put some plywood in my attic as well so I could clear some crap out of various rooms.

Having a well organized work space is so much nicer I`m finding out!

F 355
12-23-2002, 04:27 PM
Ray -

I just finished laying done epoxy on my floor about 20 minutes ago in prep for a new car...funny that you would mention that.

For the crack, you can get crack filler at Home Depot...comes in a squirt bottle...works really well to hold the old cement and fill the crack...comes in 2 colors...assume your floor is grey?

Brad B
12-23-2002, 06:01 PM
Overhead storage is really important. I hate having any non-car stuff down by the cars! I also have a floor in my attic. Luckily, the pitch of my roof is very steep and I have over 7` in the center so I can stand up and walk around in there. I have a pull down stairway that I positioned to come down even when all my cars are in and parked. I also have a trap door with a hand winch positioned above so in the summer I can pull up heavy objects like my snow blower or car parts. At one time I had most of an unrestored Austin Healey 3000 stored up above!

I also have my heat and airconditioning units and ductwork up above as well as large stereo speakers that face down to the garage work area.

The trap door is just above in the picture here:

http://www.fototime.com/D6719B7CC69285E/standard.jpg

Nagchampa
12-23-2002, 06:45 PM
Your pictures always look like advertisments for car care products or motor oil.:xyxthumbs

lmetten
12-24-2002, 08:20 AM
as soon as i can sell my car that has been in my garage for 3 years i going to make me a nice detailing bay