PDA

View Full Version : people using...

Pages : [1] 2

Knight
12-21-2002, 11:07 PM
If you use 3M products, pads, polishes , glazes (machine) Please let me know I am interested in how you put things together and such. The 3M website you can not find things.

Thanks

:up

imported_Custom Detail
12-22-2002, 12:02 AM
:cool:

jimmybuffit
12-22-2002, 12:34 AM
I think that the 3M website is less than informative. But they also don`t have the inititive to read sites like this.

Similar to the Meguiar`s business model. They seek a large market, and ignore the small demographic that could give them credibilty beyond what they have.

Witness the Zaino phenomenon...

Yeah, like those 3M marketing genius` read this!

As a matter of fact, here`s a challenge to 3M`s marketing group:

I (we) don`t think you care.

Email Jim

jimmybuffit1@comcast.net

Knight
12-22-2002, 12:49 AM
Baltic,

Can you guide me or tell me what pads to get from 3M and where? They have that professional detailing video on their site but I can`t find their products for that fine finish procedure. There website has all these links. I wish they had all the polishes where they say polishes and glazes are ( it seems to be scattered all over the place in their site.) I have yet to find detail polish 308 and the black foam waffle pad.

I want 3M machine products, just can`t find anything.

ahhhh any help would be appreciated.

Knight
12-22-2002, 12:52 AM
jimmybuffit1@comcast.net

What should I ask him about 3M?

anything? And who is this person exactly, that they will have all the answers?

I`ll check Zainos website again though.

Knight
12-22-2002, 02:14 AM
Thanks for reply no luck though.

Can`t find the detail polish 308 and 108 on either site.

Maybe someone will come along and know exactly how to handle this.

Redcar GUY
12-22-2002, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by Knight

What should I ask him about 3M?

anything? And who is this person exactly, that they will have all the answers?

I`ll check Zainos website again though.

jimmybuffit1@comcast.net is jimamary`s email.

Knight
12-22-2002, 02:28 AM
I hope he knows a lot about 3m

Nagchampa
12-22-2002, 02:36 AM
If you go to your local autobody supply store, they can put you in contact with a rep. from 3M.

Knight
12-22-2002, 09:17 PM
Maybe I should just call them on the 1-800 number.

I am buying supplies and it is very expensive so far. I just want to make a good decision so that I don`t buy something I don`t need.

samiam513
12-22-2002, 10:23 PM
i habe the whole 3m auto catalog. Got everything from waxes/polishes to tapes and glues. Some stuff you`d never think they`d make too. I can even order the display cases. :-)

My 3m dist. down here in hell (location to the left) gave me this book.

Knight
12-22-2002, 11:20 PM
mind sharing some of the info with me?

Since you have and order your stuff from them and am assuming you use it as well?

shaf
12-22-2002, 11:32 PM
Knight, basically you can forget about most of the huge 3M product line up and just look at the products mentioned in this ongoing thread: http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17248

Look them up in the acronyms list, read up on them, and then figure out which ones you need. These are the products people use here most frequently, so go with those if you must use 3M for everything.

Knight
12-23-2002, 04:08 AM
SamIam, Baltic and TJ98Cobra

since you are among the few that actually use the products and pads for buffing I would like to discuss further if this is permissible?

imported_Custom Detail
12-23-2002, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Knight

Baltic,

Can you guide me or tell me what pads to get from 3M and where? They have that professional detailing video on their site but I can`t find their products for that fine finish procedure. There website has all these links. I wish they had all the polishes where they say polishes and glazes are ( it seems to be scattered all over the place in their site.) I have yet to find detail polish 308 and the black foam waffle pad.

I want 3M machine products, just can`t find anything.

ahhhh any help would be appreciated.

I got the "Deluxe Porter Cable 7424 Accessory Kit" from

properautocare.com. It seems like a good way to start.