PDA

View Full Version : Washing after clay?

Hawkeye_TDI
12-21-2002, 03:36 PM
Hello again,

I was wondering if you recommend washing after clay or if you just QD it.

Thanks in advance

Bruce

:bow

Detailing NY
12-21-2002, 04:08 PM
when i clay a car i do it right after washing. In fact i wont even dry the car off I leave it wet when i am done washing, then get some clean soapy water and clay the car. Then hose it off & dry.

Simple as that. Using QD everytime you clay with start to add up $$$$. water works just fine!

:)

NYD

Patrick
12-21-2002, 09:53 PM
Well, it kind of depends again on what your next step is to. If your using a QD, and your final wipe down looks good, i dont see any sense in washing....If your going to clean and wax, I will normally use a very damp cotton towel, and wipe down the lubricant with that, and with the other hand, cotton or MF right behind it....Just to save time, and prevent those PITA drips that sometimes occur when your applying under door handles and molding.....:up

tkr128
12-21-2002, 10:37 PM
I do what NY Detailer does, it works for me. I rinse off each panel after I finish claying it since the car is wet and this will stop it from spotting. Sometimes I`ll just spray a mix of soap and water in a spray bottle around the car and the rinse it off. Otherwise, I just spray with a nozzle and then follow the "Perfect Drying Technique".

Jngrbrdman
12-21-2002, 11:24 PM
I do the same thing. It saves a ton of time. Unless there is a danger that I`m going to get water spots then I just go straight to claying after I wash it. Because the clay will leave streaks, I always was the car right after. The next step after clay for me is usually going to be #9 or AIO or something like that. I shouldn`t really have to worry much about any waterspots after all that. QD is expensive and I wouldn`t recommend using it on your entire car. I usually only use it on a small area when I pull it out. I think I`ve only used it on an entire car a couple times. I didn`t like the results the first time but I gave it another chance. Now I just rewash.