PDA

View Full Version : Alternate outlets for orbital pads?

getfit74
12-21-2002, 02:28 PM
Anyone find a consistant local source for velcro backed orbital polisher pads?, i.e. large chain stores, body shop supply house, automotive chain stores, or something similar?`

Thanks

Jngrbrdman
12-21-2002, 02:31 PM
You could find a local detail shop who use the kind of pads you are looking for. Maybe they could order them for you? I`ve never actually seen good pads in any stores that I`ve looked in. And believe you me, I`ve looked. I think online distributers are going to be your best hope. I`ve found two good sources online that seem to compete against each other price wise. CMA and 4 Star seem to have some pretty good deals on pads and pad kits. It just depends on what you are looking for.

shaf
12-21-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Avalanche

i.e. large chain stores, body shop supply house, automotive chain stores, or something similar?` Sure, most of the above as long as you like Meguiar`s pads. I found quite a few parts stores and body shop supply places to either have them or be willing to get them, although prices are another story....

RobertMells
12-22-2002, 08:18 AM
You could also check Discount Autobody Supply. I bought some top quality pads from them at a car show. Their # is 412-344-1117.

TheOzzfather
12-22-2002, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

You could find a local detail shop who use the kind of pads you are looking for. Maybe they could order them for you? I`ve never actually seen good pads in any stores that I`ve looked in. And believe you me, I`ve looked. I think online distributers are going to be your best hope. I`ve found two good sources online that seem to compete against each other price wise. CMA and 4 Star seem to have some pretty good deals on pads and pad kits. It just depends on what you are looking for.

You have a link to 4star?? And is that your pic in the gallery in the Autopia shirt???

shaf
12-22-2002, 01:46 PM
4 Star Products Premium Auto Care (http://www.premiumautocare.com) :)

Hawkeye_TDI
12-22-2002, 04:00 PM
You might also try www.lakecountrymfg.com

Bruce

shaf
12-22-2002, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Bruce Peter

You might also try www.lakecountrymfg.com

Bruce Not unless you`re willing to order them by the hundreds... ;)

Hawkeye_TDI
12-22-2002, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by 4DSC

Not unless you`re willing to order them by the hundreds... ;)

I ordered 3 and they sold them to me.

Bruce

shaf
12-22-2002, 05:56 PM

Bruce Really!? I didn`t know they sold them retail like that. Could you please let us in on some details, like how you ordered them, how much they cost, etc? Which kind did you order, the VC or flat kind?

Thanks for the info, this is the first time (I think...) I`ve heard of someone ordering it direct from them.

Hawkeye_TDI
12-22-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 4DSC

Really!? I didn`t know they sold them retail like that. Could you please let us in on some details, like how you ordered them, how much they cost, etc? Which kind did you order, the VC or flat kind?

Thanks for the info, this is the first time (I think...) I`ve heard of someone ordering it direct from them.

I have a business and I ordered them under my business name. Perhaps that is why they sold them to me. I would be happy to use my influence to get some more if anyone wants.

I bought the VC with velcro backing plate.

I can`t remnemmber what I paid but I think they were around $15.00 a peice for the 7"

I Like them but I don`t have anything to compare them to.

Bruce

getfit74
12-22-2002, 06:18 PM
Thanks for all the replies, the idea of asking what local outlets might have them is to avoid the shiiping which could equal an extra pad if they could be found locally. The local target, pepboys, depot, and lowes didnt have any. Just figured I`d ask to see if I missed anyplace that might have them.

CharlesW
12-22-2002, 06:33 PM
Avalanche:

Check a body supply store. They will probably only have 8" pads instock, but can order the 6.5" pads and you shouldn`t have any shipping charges.

Also, the shipping on the three pack of Meguiar`s pads was only $5.95, and no sales tax, which would have been $1.50 here.

$4.45 to not have to run around all over might not be a bad deal.

Charles

imported_edschwab1
12-22-2002, 07:51 PM

Bruce

This must be something new, because I called Lake Country about six months ago, and was told the pads are sold by jobbers or auto part or supply stores. Futher, no one in my area sells the pads, so I was told to find a mail order source. I ordered pads from CMA, which sells relabeled Lake Country pads

Eric

shaf
12-22-2002, 10:39 PM

I bought the VC with velcro backing plate.

I can`t remember what I paid but I think they were around $15.00 a peice for the 7" Thank you Bruce, although $15 doesn`t sound like such a hot deal considering CMA sells their VCs for $10 each. :( Oh well.

Avalanche: No wonder you`re having trouble finding pads. Although I am north of the border, the first thing I discovered about getting Megs pads was that the bigger the chain or store, the more likely that they would not have them, could not get them, or would simply be (hugely) overpriced. Like Charles suggested, smaller auto parts stores, local chains, auto body supply shops or auto paint supply shops are the best places to look. The CMA kits seem to be good deals too for what you get, even if you have to ship it.