PDA

View Full Version : Washing

sprite113
12-19-2002, 10:26 PM
I am planning to wash the car this weekend and I do nto have any zaino products yet. But would still like to give the car a `lil cleaning.

I plan to do the following:

1) wash with meguairs GC wash

2) buy clay magic @ autozone and clay car after wash

3) rinse

4) Do i need to buy a polish? if so, what is a good product that I can pick up at autozone as well?

5) after polish do i need to rinse?

6) waxing --> again waht is a good product at autozone or R&S strauss?

7) rinse and wipe water off immediately

8) What applicator pads & towels can i pick up from autozone for the time being..

Thanks..

Dan

*This is a very informative site...:bow

Detailing NY
12-19-2002, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by sprite113

I am planning to wash the car this weekend and I do nto have any zaino products yet. But would still like to give the car a `lil cleaning.

I plan to do the following:

1) wash with meguairs GC wash

2) buy clay magic @ autozone and clay car after wash

3) rinse

4) Do i need to buy a polish? if so, what is a good product that I can pick up at autozone as well?

5) after polish do i need to rinse?

6) waxing --> again waht is a good product at autozone or R&S strauss?

7) rinse and wipe water off immediately

8) What applicator pads & towels can i pick up from autozone for the time being..

no need to rinse after you polish. wax after you polish. not sure what r&s and autozone sell as i do not shop there. but you should be able to find some of meguair`s #26 wax.

use microfiber towels.

thevolvoguy
12-19-2002, 10:57 PM
Hi. Welcome to Autopia! :wavey

Clay magic is a good choice, it`s very easy to work with and cheap as well.

As for polishes, if you can find Meguiar`s #7, it is a great product to use by hand and makes back look sooo awesome. You do not need to re wash or rinse the car after the polish, the polish contains lots of oils that make your paint look good... washing would only clean them right back off again.

A good wax/sealant is Meguiar`s #26, if you can find it. (Both the #7 and #26 are part of their professional line) If you can`t find the #26, then I would go with Meguiar`s Gold Class wax, or EO Wet Wax. They both will give great reflectivity, but neither will last long.

In place of rinsing after the wax, I would invest in some QD (Quick Detailing Spray) I reccomend EO Wipe & Shine, or if that is un avalible, then the Meguiar`s QD spary (in the burgandy bottle) would probably work just fine for you.

I reccomend using foam applicatiors, but I don`t think Auto Zone carries them, so the Terrry ones that they sell should do for now. (You gotta make do with what you have) I reccomend buying a few of the MF towels that Auto Zone sells, they are blue and yellow and are very plush. You will not regret buying the MF`s.

Good Luck!! If you have any more questions please feel free to ask.

We`re expecting pictures when you`re done!

:p