PDA

View Full Version : newbie help

sprite113
12-19-2002, 03:44 PM
hi, just wanted to know what are the steps and products you ppl recommend

as I try to tackle the cleaning & waxing process on my car. It is a 1999

328i, black.. What are the steps I should take. Also, i will be doing all

this stuff by hand so pls help me out here. What are the necessary

equipment I wll need. I onlyhave the meguiars gc car wash and a absorber.

what other stuff should i need. I plan on dropping by autozone or r&s

strauss for now. pls help.

Repeat - everything will be done by hand for now!!:bow

Thanks..

Detailing NY
12-19-2002, 06:19 PM
I will have no problem answering all your questions, but first use the search feature. Then what ever you can not find or do not understand let us know.

Don`t want to come off as an a$$ but there are tons of post like yours that have really good info on them

Thanks

NYD

shaf
12-19-2002, 08:14 PM
Likewise. Try searching around in the Archives or read the first few chapters of the eBook. Asking for everything is a bit of a tall order - you should at least try to figure out some of it for yourself. Don`t forget also, that there is no one "magic recipe" and that personal preference will play a role in choosing how to detail your car. Once you get stumped and have some more specific questions from your reading most people here will be happy to help out.

Thanks and happy reading. :up

jcattarulla
12-19-2002, 08:22 PM
Welcome!

First step is to buy the ebook. It`s worth it`s weight in gold for a pro as well as a newbie. Then search under topics that you need more information on. Then, ask autopia!

John

imported_BretFraz
12-19-2002, 09:05 PM
To follow up what John said, you can find the Autopia e-book at www.autopia-carcare.com . The price is only $9.95 and will be the best money you can spend right now.

For newbies its much more important to learn how to detail properly than worry about what products to buy.

Buy the e-book, print it out, and read as often as you can. Perfect reading material for the holidays.:xyxthumbs