PDA

View Full Version : What do you mobile detailers use for electricty to vaccumm cars???

TheOzzfather
12-19-2002, 10:54 AM
How do you use your water extractors and vaccum cars and trucks out? Do you use the clients source or do you bring a small generator? I need to know for me biz venture. Thxs guys!

grandprixlar
12-19-2002, 11:06 AM
I currently use my customer`s water and electricity. I`ve been doing this for years and have never had a problem. Many mobile detailers will have a generator and water tank. I`m planning on getting both next year.

imported_Intel486
12-19-2002, 12:12 PM
I`m using customers elect. right now but will have a generator soon.

After gen I plan on getting a trailer w/ water tank, pressure washer, air compressor, and reclaim system.

lmetten
12-23-2002, 12:18 PM
i have my own generator made onto my van i have a step van that was an old snap on tool van

Nagchampa
12-23-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by anthony

i have my own generator made onto my van i have a step van that was an old snap on tool van Do you have any pics of your setup? I am curious.

Taxlady
12-23-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by anthony

i have my own generator made onto my van i have a step van that was an old snap on tool van

I`d love to see a picture of your van and generator setup. I used to have an old step van and it was fun to drive it.

ragtopgolfer
12-23-2002, 02:40 PM
their power !

Detailing NY
12-23-2002, 04:19 PM
I have power invertors installed in the truck. Then have a 75ft extension cord.

Scottwax
12-23-2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by NY detailer

I have power invertors installed in the truck. Then have a 75ft extension cord.

How many amps do your vac/extractor pull? I`ve hesitated getting a power inverter because most of them do not seem to handle the power demands of vacuums.

Right now, I use my client`s outlets...in fact, most would prefer you use their plug instead of firing up a generator. If I get a truck this summer, I will probably go ahead and get a generator though because some office complexes have no outside power sources. I have a pretty strong Campbell-Hauser 12 volt vac and a Euroshark rechargable vac, but neither works as quickly as my big wet/dry vac.

Jngrbrdman
12-23-2002, 05:43 PM
I`ve tried power inverters before. I had a 3 amp inverter that just barley seemed to be able to do the job. I abandoned it in favor of either bringing the cars to my garage or just using the power onsite. I would love a good generator though...

lmetten
12-24-2002, 11:47 AM
sorry don`t have any pics yet but i will take some soon but i have outlets which areconverted from dc to ac by the generator 18 foot stepvan it is also nice to drive one when you pull up to those hackers on the street they just get scared and run away