PDA

View Full Version : Info for Diamond Star sealant?

detailbarn
12-18-2002, 05:39 PM
Their is a local detailer pushing this product called Diamond Star , it made by a chemist names Perry Stevens. The claim to fame is that it last a year and that it has "real glass in it that bonds with the paint" :nixweiss So any how this guy it out selling this stuff for $250.00 a car , I can`t find any info on it , it sounds bogus but I`d like to read up on it. Thanks Oh and I did search here and found nothing.

Jngrbrdman
12-18-2002, 05:51 PM
Are you sure that its called Diamond Star? I went out and did some searching on the internet and I came up with Diamond Shield (http://www.thegsmstore.net/bg-diamond1.htm) sealant, but no Star. This stuff is funny though. It looks like your basic Klasse knock off. The oxidation step seems a little like AutoInt`s ABC system a little.

Here are some of the highlights of what that site says.

...all car waxes contain abrasives.

Diamond Shield does a lot more than provide superior protection and a superior shine. Diamond Shield actually improves the performance of your car! Diamond Shield is the only product in the world that can reduce the drag of your car’s surface as it passes through the air. Wind tunnel tests prove that a Diamond Shielded car has such a smooth surface that bugs, grime and normal airborne pollutants that normally stick to a waxed surface can not adhere to a Diamond Shielded surface. A smoother surface also means better gas mileage as there is less air resistance “dragging†your car down causing you to use more fuel to maintain speed!

...Diamond Shield won’t wash off. It lasts for a full year.

:rolleyes: I`ll keep digging.

detailbarn
12-18-2002, 05:55 PM
Jngrbrdman thanks for the info , that sounds like the stuff he was trying to sell me on the phone , I played like a customer to see what he was offering , then I ask him what about Zaino and he says it not really that good then he says it ok , then he says he can use it if I want him to.:nixweiss make up my mind