PDA

View Full Version : Get a load of this!!

Pages : [1] 2

procareman50
12-16-2002, 10:08 PM
Hey Gang:

I finally gave her a bath, dried with my new waffle weave (MFTech...pretty sweet BTW). Was putting some AIO on the hood, and noticed a fingerprint....went to buff it off, and.....NOTHING!!!! Sucker is under the clearcoat!!! Bummer!! So I finished AIO the hood, which looks great, but when you look at the right way, there is a nice souvenir from whoever put the clearcoat on.....THANKS a bunch Bavarian Motorishche Werke!!!! Hopefully I will be able to posts some pics soon!

Nagchampa
12-16-2002, 10:18 PM
It makes me wonder about BMW`s quality assurance dept.

You are going to take it back right?

imported_Custom Detail
12-16-2002, 11:10 PM
To bad about the print. Be thankfull the car isn`t a dark

color. I think it would be worse.

Walt

procareman50
12-16-2002, 11:17 PM
Yeah I guess it isn`t that bad....just if you look in the right angle.

procareman50
12-16-2002, 11:19 PM
LOL Nagchampa:

I would take it back if I could....maybe I should report it to some quality control board with BMW....what do you think??? Just so they will know the MF`s (no, not MicroFiber) are putting thumbprints on the cars.

imported_Custom Detail
12-16-2002, 11:28 PM
I agree...Register a complaint with BMW NA.

I think they are in Woodcliff Lakes, N.J.

That will get some attention.

They might want you to bring your car to the dealer

for an evualiation.

Unless it really stands out or bothers you, I wouldn`t let them touch it with a ten foot pole.

Where is it anyway? The print.

procareman50
12-16-2002, 11:44 PM
It is about smack in the middle of the hood, maybe just a little closer to the BMW emblem. I really only noticed it last night when I had the car in the garage under the lights. It doesn`t really bother me that much....right now anyway. I will check out the complaint site (is there a site do you know?)

imported_Custom Detail
12-16-2002, 11:53 PM
www.bmwusa.com.

But I don`t know if that will get you to Woodcliff Lakes, NJ.

It should if you hunt enough.

The customer relations number is 1 800 831-1117

procareman50
12-16-2002, 11:56 PM
Thanks man, I will check it out.....will let you know.

imported_Custom Detail
12-16-2002, 11:57 PM
While your at their site, you can sign yourself into

the Owners Circle. They keep you informed as to what is happining at BMW.

SergC
12-17-2002, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by bmw530i2003

Hey Gang:

I finally gave her a bath, dried with my new waffle weave (MFTech...pretty sweet BTW). Was putting some AIO on the hood, and noticed a fingerprint....went to buff it off, and.....NOTHING!!!! Sucker is under the clearcoat!!! Bummer!! So I finished AIO the hood, which looks great, but when you look at the right way, there is a nice souvenir from whoever put the clearcoat on.....THANKS a bunch Bavarian Motorishche Werke!!!! Hopefully I will be able to posts some pics soon!

Yeh , Bayarische Motoren Werke in Deutschland:D :wavey

procareman50
12-17-2002, 12:58 AM
Yeah.....

Bayarische Motoren Werke!!!!!!!!!!!

SergC
12-17-2002, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by bmw530i2003

Yeah.....

Bayarische Motoren Werke!!!!!!!!!!!

Luve em! Just don`t have an extra space in My garage:D

Serg Conon :wavey

procareman50
12-17-2002, 01:28 AM
I bet you would find extra room in that garage if you got yourself a Modena!!!!!!!!!!!

BumpersPlus2
12-17-2002, 07:45 AM
Make sure your hood has NOT been repainted/cleared. I dont know, but I would think BMW would use automated methods to paint, and the same for curing. I dont see why anyone would need to mess with the hood, in their sterile paint enviroment. I could be wrong. :nixweiss