PDA

View Full Version : What do I do next???

baker999
12-16-2002, 12:12 PM
I just finished putting the first wax job ever with my PC on my 2003 Passat. I didn`t check the paint too closely before doing it but realize that the paint job on certain areas feels like sandpaper and even makes sound in the wheel wells when I run my hand over the fenders. Other areas (hood, trunk, bumpers) are like glass.

Am I in need of a paint cleaner and another wax job?

Any input is appreaciated. I`d like to tackle it this weekend.

Nagchampa
12-16-2002, 12:18 PM
You should

Dawn wash,

Clay,

Wash and dry,

Wax,

Open Beer,

Enjoy!

Jngrbrdman
12-16-2002, 12:20 PM
Sounds like a job for Clay Magic. I`d head to your nearest AutoZone or other auto part store and pick up some clay. That should take care of the little bumps on your paint. You will have to rewax the car when you are finished because the clay will remove all your wax. You could start off with a Dawn wash to get a majority of the wax off first if you want.

I`m sure you are going to find all the info you ever wanted to know about Clay in the forums. Happy hunting! :) Clay is pretty much a no brainer though. Just get the surface wet with soap and water or some other lubricant and then glide the clay along the surface. Watch those bumps disappear like magic!

Nagchampa
12-16-2002, 12:20 PM
BTW A paint cleaner wouldn`t hurt after the 2nd wash!

Good Luck.

Knight
12-16-2002, 12:58 PM
My friend had a similiar problem. It was cured with a CLAY bar.

My friends 2001 impreza paint in certain areas felt like sand paper. He could not get rid of it with cleaner wax or polish or wax.

I whipped out the clay bar and lubbed it up with some car wash soap, and went at it.

Worked like a charm.

I am almost for sure you have the same issue.

Just make sure you wax after wards. I believe the clay will take off the previous wax.

:up

TortoiseAWD
12-18-2002, 02:44 PM
baker999,

Check your PMs! I`m on vacation from Friday until after the New Year, so if you`d like me to take a look at the VW, I`d be happy to. It does sound like a job for clay; you`re welcome to use mine first time `round.

Give me a ring sometime,

Tort