PDA

View Full Version : Detailing holders?

Pages : [1] 2

Knight
12-16-2002, 08:39 AM
I was wondering if anyone can direct me to a wesbite or store that has the detailing holders with handles?

Jngrbrdman, had a post with a picture of his white car and I caught a glimpse at the right, middle of the picture of the holders that I am referring to.( or close to)

The thread is White Paint??

It is the 7th post down.

If anyone knows where I can get these holders, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

:up

CharlesW
12-16-2002, 09:13 AM
Wal*Mart has a container made by Sterilite that I use and really like. Model #1584, about $3, in the housewares section. I tried several diffeent containers and none of them worked as well for me as this one.

Charles

Knight
12-16-2002, 09:58 AM
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/search-ng.gsp?cat=4045&search_query=Sterilite&CATEGORY_ID=4045&dept=4044

Is this what you are referring to?

I don`t think this is the one but, I might be wrong

Kleanride
12-16-2002, 10:02 AM
Might check Griots Garage

http://www.GriotsGarage.com

:nixweiss

CharlesW
12-16-2002, 10:07 AM
Nope.

The "tote box" I am referring to is more or less oval in shape. It is about 18" long, 13" wide, and 6-1/2" deep. It has two full length compartments about 5" wide by the length of the tote. There is a handle in the middle of it. Kind of slate blue in color.

Charles

CharlesW
12-16-2002, 10:19 AM
Try www.sterilite.com

Go to household, then ultra caddies, model 1584.

Charles

Knight
12-16-2002, 10:27 AM
Cool site. Just not what I am looking for.

I wish JNGR man was on. They are plastic holders, with handles and sections to store items.

Here, this is what it looks like along with JNGR type.

There has got to be someone who knows where to get these.

http://www.web-cars.com/detail/wash.html

Knight
12-16-2002, 10:31 AM
That`s it W.

Good link

Perfect

Jngrbrdman
01-15-2003, 03:25 PM
That is sort of like the bucket I use. I just use the one I bought at Target in the household cleaner asile. It just has two shallow sides and a handle in the middle. I keep my autoint bottles in there. Its a nice way to keep them organized and easy to take out with me on a job. Probably 4 bucks or something. You can probably get one anywhere you buy cleaners at.

Knight
01-15-2003, 03:43 PM
Thanks though, the sterilite ones are perfect. I`ll take some pictures of everything when I get the rest of all the goody detailing supplies. I got 3 of those caddies and a sterilite locking tote. Also a great huge bucket with a metal handle and a pouring lid.

-Thanks though.

Brandon DeFeo
01-15-2003, 06:57 PM
I recently purchased a tote like your referring to. Dark blue/gray in color. Padded handle in the middle. Got it at Target

Pats300zx
01-15-2003, 07:08 PM
I saw the same one in Target you were referring to. Almost picked it up myself.....I think it was only $4.99.

CharlesW
01-15-2003, 08:55 PM
Sterilite model 1584, $2.96 at Wal*Mart every day. One of the really good things about it is the depth. Stuff doesn`t fall out of it.

Charles:xyxthumbs

triptonite
01-16-2003, 12:24 AM
Yeah I got a a grey tote too from target, but I found it couldn`t hold all of the products I used on a regular basis. So along with the tote I got a rubbermaid roughneck container. It is about 14 x 20. I put foam in the bottom and cut some slots out of it to hold my products so the they don`t tip over. Also I glued in some dividers to help organize it. What is really nice about it is that I can put EF spray bottles in it and still close the lid.

I spent about 10 dollars all together.

Knight
01-16-2003, 01:23 AM
Thanks for the idea. I got the same ones as you. You were right, they are perfect. I hope other people see this thread and buy these CHEAP caddies that are perfect for detailing from sterilite.

Thanks again, they are great!