PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way I can get my car shinier?

mztykal
12-15-2002, 08:20 PM
I need it shinier (sp?). LOL!

Iono, it`s not as shiny as I want it. No wax, no polish, was used. This picture is after a wash, and it`s in the garage. Any reccomendations on a white car? I searched and came up with a few, but I want some more. Thanks!

http://www.hs3.net/images/other/dropped.jpg

Thanks again!

P.S. - No flash was used on the digi-cam, and no altering of the image was done. :D

Redcar GUY
12-15-2002, 08:26 PM
I have used S100, Zaino, and Klasse on white... I Liked them all :)

Jngrbrdman
12-15-2002, 09:11 PM
Check out my gallery here at Autopia. Also check out the link in my sig. I`ve experimented with all kinds of products to get my white car shinier. Klasse has been really a pleaser for me.

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/532klasse_nose.jpg

I would recommend a carnauba topper of P21S regardless of what you use as a sealant. I actually have a thread that I put together that shows Klasse, Zaino and Blackfire on white cars. Do a search for "White Car Blackfire Klasse Zaino" and I`ll bet you`ll find it.

bigpoppa
12-15-2002, 09:58 PM
Here`s my hood with several coats of Zaino Z2 and ZFX. I haven`t tried Souveran or P21s on it yet, but Zaino is much, much better than any wax I have tried on white.

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c5/ds01c5//hood.jpg

Jngrbrdman
12-15-2002, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Ds01C5

Here`s my hood with several coats of Zaino Z2 and ZFX. I haven`t tried Souveran or P21s on it yet, but Zaino is much, much better than any wax I have tried on white.

That is because Zaino isn`t a wax. Waxes don`t have what it takes to look like sealants. They do provide a glow of their own that not many sealants can compete with. They both have their up sides and down sides.

bigpoppa
12-15-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

That is because Zaino isn`t a wax. Waxes don`t have what it takes to look like sealants. They do provide a glow of their own that not many sealants can compete with. They both have their up sides and down sides.

I couldn`t agree more. Souveran and P21s are outstanding, and in fact, I prefer them to Zaino on many colors, especially black. Definitely pros and cons to both. It`s all a matter of preference.

Here`s a black vette that I detailed with Souveran.

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c5/ds01c5//souveranz0003.jpg :wavey

imported_Intel486
12-15-2002, 10:53 PM
You may also want to look into a good tar remover :D

mztykal
12-15-2002, 10:56 PM
Hahah, thanks. Was waiting for someone to say something about that. :D

Ds01C5 - I`m loving the shine on that hood pic of yours. Good god that`s glossy. :D

thegeek
12-16-2002, 12:14 AM
I have a white car. I wash it every week with Meguiars Gold Class. I wax every other week, and use a glaze every 4 weeks and clay once or twice every year. I`d reccomend washing it, claybarring it with Clay Magic, using a glaze like Meguiars # 7, or S100`s SEPC or P21S` GEPC (might me mixed up), and then waxing with a good caranuba like S100 or Meguiars # 26. Should help a lot.

SVR
12-16-2002, 07:18 AM
1. 3M car shampoo

2. fare`cla buff by machine, g3 recommended

3. Swirl removal by machine only

4. Wet look sealant or any professional brand of polish by hand

5. Hand waxing with gold class,fireglaze,premium wax,3m wax,

Wash with water or wax free car shampoo

6 to 9 months later

2 or more coats of prepsol

1 or 2 coats of omikron bodyguard or other teflon product (note - haven`t used other teflon products besides bodyguard so can`t guarantee that teflon does anything) Alot of debate about teflon lately)

1 coat of fast wax (not essential)

Water wash only from then on, no polishing or waxing

12 months later, another coat of bodyguard

One 1 litre bottle of bodyguard should last three years.

ashsarna
12-16-2002, 09:13 AM
If you read the thread s here you will quickly figure out the other by products to use (ie shampoo, polish, ect). To get to your point, I think Redcar Guy and others here have expressed my sentiments that the best would be to apply Klasse or Zaino, then a great carnauba wax like Ps21. You will thank us.;)