PDA

View Full Version : Since MF seems to be the hot topic lately...

Knight
12-15-2002, 07:44 PM
I love MF towels and tools.

I want to collect them in a neat way.

http://www.properautocare.com/micprod1.html

There are so many at this site I was wondering if one of the pros could tell me which ones they recommend for different types of jobs on the car. wash , QD remover MF, polishing removing MFS, Wax MFS, Interior MFS, Window MFS.

For example

There are two MF washmits on the site. Which one do you recommend and have tried?

Thanks guys

:up

Redcar GUY
12-15-2002, 07:49 PM
The best advise I can give about MF`s is to search. There has been at least hundreds of threads about mf`s Try using *MF or MF* in your search title:wavey

Knight
12-15-2002, 08:25 PM
The search came up with some threads on microfiber technology. The search also picked up things that had nothing to do with MF.

I tried *MF and MF* and microfiber

The ones I looked at consisted of different types of towels that one might try. Some were raves on how great MF works. Some had links to other companies.

Here is the link again if you did not get it the first time.

This is where I want to choose my MF towels and tools from.

I would like to know which ones to use for the specific jobs indicated in the previous post. (Recommendations)

Hope this clears things up.

Jngrbrdman
12-15-2002, 08:36 PM
Are you trying to say that you tried to do a search on *MF, MF* and microfiber and you didn`t come up with anything useful?? My advice would be to try that one again. There are hundreds of posts that have the info you are looking for. I don`t think that anyone is going to be able to break down each and every brand of microfiber towel that is out there. Its kind of a tall order. CMA`s site has pretty good instructions on which towel is used for what.

Mindflux
12-15-2002, 08:40 PM
My ears were burning. I`m here what do ya want!

Redcar GUY
12-15-2002, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Knight

The search came up with some threads on microfiber technology. The search also picked up things that had nothing to do with MF.

I tried *MF and MF* and microfiber

The ones I looked at consisted of different types of towels that one might try. Some were raves on how great MF works. Some had links to other companies.

Here is the link again if you did not get it the first time.:rolleyes:

This is where I want to choose my MF towels and tools from.

I would like to know which ones to use for the specific jobs indicated in the previous post. (Recommendations)

Hope this clears things up.

:nixweiss

imported_BretFraz
12-15-2002, 10:24 PM
Did you read this? http://www.properautocare.com/micwhatbigde.html

It ought to give you all the info you want.

MF`s are not that complex; don`t put too much brain power into this. I use one towel for glass cleaning only, one towel at a time for QD, everything else gets used for every other need.

Remember, it`s a towel not a nuclear reactor.

Knight
12-16-2002, 08:16 AM
What are MF tools. - Ejant

MF wash mitts

Remember, it`s a towel not a nuclear reactor. - Bret

So then your intention on that previous post was to tell me I don`t need to worry about all the different types of towels they advertise on CMA website?

For instance:

They have the magic towel claiming to have the best technology known to the industry.

They have the glass cleaning MF towel

"but it has a new textured weave that did not even exist until just recently. This new weave allows the towel to grab and hold oily and greasy window films without scratching or streaking. " CMA

They have the power scrubber for polish removal, wax. ( sounds like it will scratch the surface?)

"The fibers are fully split and finished with "hooked" ends. The difference is in the weave. The engineers reduced the pile height, tightened the weave and increased the loop density." CMA

They got a MF finishing towel.

"When I contacted the manufacturer, they explained it is a relatively obscure weave known within the industry as zig-zag." CMA

The only one I can decide on getting right now is the Big blue drying towel. Safe and fast.

The magic towel as well.

Am I making this too big of a deal?

Should I just get 5 magic towels, since they claim it is the best, instead of 5 different towels for each job?

Or get the individual towels for each job assuming they ARE really different and safe.

I think I am more confused. Ha

Which brings back the original question...

Are you trying to say that you tried to do a search on *MF, MF* and microfiber and you didn`t come up with anything useful?? -JNGR

I found useful posts, but nothing as specific as I was hoping.

Jngrbrdman
12-16-2002, 10:35 AM
I have only two types of Microfiber towels in my garage. I have a couple of the waffle weave towels for drying and a huge stack of the normal MF towels for buffing off the wax. You don`t need 40 different kinds. Just keep it simple. Don`t they have kind of a grab bag of microfiber or something? Maybe that is what you should be looking for. That could help you figure out which kind of towels work best for you. I would suggest just getting a stack of the normal detailing towels. They work great for everything I use em for.

Knight
12-16-2002, 11:19 AM
I will just get the pack of 5.

It is the same price if I were only to buy 4 packages. I get 3 extra MF clothes with that deal.

I also like the MF drying towel. VERY big.

and the wash mitt.

I am getting the pack, the big blue big drying towel, and the white mitt.

Never can be too careful in scratching cars when washing with mitts that are dirty or causing scratches with bad towels.

So All MF is the way to go for these type of jobs.

I am glad they have the Wash mitt MF. Always paraniod about scratching the paint with my sheepskin or chenille mitt.

Thanks again

shaf
12-16-2002, 01:32 PM
Expanded FLONI-ese :D

2wheelsx2
12-16-2002, 03:01 PM
I suspect that you will find the MF mitts are no better than the true 100% wool or cotton chenille mitts. After all, the nap on the cotton and the wool mitts are deeper than on the MF mitts, and it`s the nap that traps and keeps dirt away from the paint.