PDA

View Full Version : S100 review

Pages : [1] 2

Detailing NY
12-15-2002, 06:27 PM
It has been about a month or so since I have last detailed my car.

The last time i detailed it I topped off with S100.

Since then it has snowed, rained, rained again, froze, rain, rained again. Real bad weather so far. In fact one day my car was frozen all around.

The S100 is still going strong, nothing is staying on the car. In fact when it snowed out, everyone else had snow going down the car, my snow just slid right off. I have a limited amount of dust on the car. In fact I have not washed the car since the last time i detailed it (that is driving me nuts as the car needs a wash)

It is still beading and going strong.

S100 is living up to my standards as a pro detailer. Real easy to apply and remove. Gives off a great look too!

Cant wait for the season to start up again, right now it is getting kind of slow.

NYD

JL9000
12-17-2002, 01:42 AM
I`ve read so much :up about the S100 and now really want to give it a try! I`m just curious though, what exactly is S100, is it carnauba? or is it a polymer type wax? and typically how long does it last if the car is garaged?

I think I`ve seen it at a local Honda shop... but I`m not exactly sure what I saw is the stuff you guys use; do you guys have a picture of the container?:p

Thanks!

paco
12-17-2002, 04:53 AM
http://www.suburbanharley.com/catalog/productdetails.cfm?ProductID=1239

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13715

shaf
12-17-2002, 02:54 PM
Also CMA`s motorcycle area: http://www.properautocare.com/s1carpaswax.html

If you`ve seen this at a Honda place here, let us know! :wavey

mrdetailer
12-17-2002, 03:02 PM
or the original no difference from P21S formula?

JUNNIEIV
12-17-2002, 04:08 PM
Yeah, I`m curious as to how the formula changed... I think I`ll need to buy some after my s100 runs out (probably the next application). I`ve only used it on my small coupe 3 times, am I wasting a lot of it? I heard you were supposed to get 50 applications out of a single jar.

HellrotCi
12-17-2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Mage

.... am I wasting a lot of it?You are definitely using too much if you`re only going to get 4 waxes out of 8ozs. 50 applications might be stretching it a bit, but I could see 25-30 out of a jar.

AMP01
12-17-2002, 04:58 PM
When applying wax, apply just enough to get good coverage. Any excess is just wiped off anyway.

Cheers,

My 7 Series Site (http://www.cardomain.com/id/amp99)

Scottwax
12-17-2002, 05:35 PM
Mage, you are using way too much! Always spread any wax in thin layers. All the excess just gets wiped away and wasted. I have waxed about 20 vehicles with my current jar of S100 and it still looks like I have slightly more than half left.

NY detailer, like you, I have been very pleasantly suprised at the durability of S100. I have several customers who have their cars waxed about every 3 months, and each one has beaded the entire time. QEW tends to be gentle on wax and we don`t get any acid rain or industrial fallout to speak of in the Dallas area, but in addition to the beading, the paint still has a slick feeling (obviously not like when just waxed, but there is some slickness left) and the shine holds up very well.

JL9000, S100 is a carnuba/beeswax combination (not sure of the percentages). I`d expect it to last 8-12 weeks under most weather conditions. It is so easy to apply, you will probably use it every month-honestly, it is almost as easy as using a quick detail product.

shaf
12-17-2002, 06:24 PM
Ditto about using too much there! I`ve waxed my entire sedan almost 10 times now and have only used up what looks like about 1-2 tablespoons worth. You don`t have to apply a coat so thick you can see a layer of paste on there. It can be so thin you have to strain to see it. Often I can`t see it at all and just go by feel.

Just lightly swipe a foam applicator into the wax, and start waxing. One swipe`s worth should be enough to cover almost 2 square feet (depending on how much wax you pick up).

ADetailer
12-17-2002, 10:42 PM
NY detailer is there anything under the S100?

Detailing NY
12-18-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by ADetailer

NY detailer is there anything under the S100?

yes, but it depends on the detail.

sometimes it is 3m smr.

but most of the time it is final polish.

Detailing NY
12-18-2002, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Scottwax

NY detailer, like you, I have been very pleasantly suprised at the durability of S100

Hey you are the one that got me to use it. :up

Thanks

F1Crazy
12-18-2002, 11:23 AM
I am, like you guys, pleasantly surprised by the durability of this wax. After reading original wax test results I was still skeptic about how it`s going to do in real life tests and I have to say it`s a winner. It stayed on my wife`s car for good 3 months! The car is always garaged, but driven daily and has seen a few road trips during that time. I topped Klasse with it on my other car and want to see how it`ll do on a daily driver. I hope I can restrain myself from waxing again for some time. It`s going to be hard; this stuff is way to easy to use.:D

Richt
12-18-2002, 11:53 AM
Its just so easy to use, it may be overkill but i dont qd after a wash any more i just add another coat of p21s!