PDA

View Full Version : Uggg. I can`t win. I give up.

Pages : [1] 2 3

Steve @ Guru
12-15-2002, 04:19 PM
OK, so you all know that we have a 2002 Tahoe that`s dark blue and is used primarily for: (a) hauling the dogs around and (b) wife`s work which consists of 4-wheeling through fields after stray animals, and all sorts of other `dirty work`.

I admit (and Bret can confirm this) that I`ve been neglecting the Tahoe lately. I last Zaino`d it in February of 2002, and since then Amy has been taking it through the local car wash after every few weeks. Whenever I`d get a free moment, I usually tried to give it a Z7 wash and a good wheel-well/tire cleaning.

So, we got some nice weather this weekend and I decided to treat the Tahoe to a "works" detailing. It started yesterday with a thorough wash, wheel cleaning, wheel-well cleaning, underbody cleaning, clay, FI-II, SMR and P21S GEPC. I finished the interior at about 12:00am last night (after starting at 1:00pm).

I got up this morning, did a Z7 wash, and lovingly applied layers of Z5/ZFX, followed by Z6 wipe downs inbetween. The tires were treated to some Z16 and the windows were cleaned and Rain-X`d.

I had just finished my final wipe down with Z6 and went inside to get the camera. As I was walking out to the driveway to snap a few pic`s, Amy says, "I`m going to go do some Christmas shopping, I`ll be back in a few hours." And with that, she hopped in the truck and drove off.

So, after some 18 hours of tender care, the Tahoe is off to war again. I can only imagine what it`s going to look like when it returns, and the worst part is: no pictures. :(

Oh well.....women.....can`t live with `em....can`t kill `em.... :D

J/K - I like to give her a hard time about her `abuse` of the Tahoe. It really did look good, though - honest!

jcattarulla
12-15-2002, 04:30 PM
Steve,

Ouch! Well, just so you know you are not alone: yesterday I went to a mall to do some christmas shopping. I drove around and around the multi-level lot to find a "GOOD SPOT". One with a motorcycle on one side and a pillar or wall on the other. Found one, a real beauty of a spot.

Came back after fighting the crowds and dropping some coins to find the rear deck of my black bmw coated in white sludge. Yes, there was a leak in the ceiling that brought down water/concrete white paint down onto my baby. Luckily, I keep my supplies in my trunk, and with some lubricating QD spray and my MF towel as a blotter, she`s A-K.

So too will you Tahoe be A-OK!

John

imported_BretFraz
12-15-2002, 04:38 PM
Steve,

I hear ya and feel for ya. It ain`t easy trying to keep that beast clean.

Here`s an article to make you feel better:

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/sleuth/sleuth2.htm

Keep the faith, man. :up :up

imported_Intel486
12-15-2002, 04:42 PM
Some vehicles are bought for work though.

Been about two weeks since I`ve had a chance to wash my truck and been driving though lots of rain... it looks horrible right now and one whole side has mud all over it :D

I actually think the last time I washed the truck I did it at the lakefront during an F-150 meet.

Maybe tomorrow I`ll have a chance to wash it at lunch.

Now, lets talk about the last time I put wax on my truck :rolleyes:

Steve @ Guru
12-15-2002, 06:01 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, In-N-Out Burger.....

I might just have to take the Tahoe and drive it to SoCal for a double-double, fries well done and a Coke.

JAGOWNER1981
12-15-2002, 07:47 PM
hey steve, i see you are using FI II again(DACP lover at heart). Still boycotting Meguiars I see :). Also please go into greater detail about your "underbody cleaning"....

Steve @ Guru
12-15-2002, 10:36 PM
Underbody wash:

Simple Green + water, mixed 50/50

Soft nylon brush

Creeper

Spray solution under car

Agitate with brush (using creeper)

Rinse with strong stream of water

Yep, death to Meguiar`s. :D

SVR
12-16-2002, 07:07 AM
Are good products and some of there pro products are fantastic but there are much better brands around than the 100 year old brand.

And just because meguiars release a new product doesn`t mean it works or is necessary to use.

imported_Intel486
12-16-2002, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by AlBoston

Still boycotting Meguiars I see :).

Why is he boycotting Meguiar`s? Guess I missed that story.

Lemonxxs
12-16-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by geekysteve

Amy says, "I`m going to go do some Christmas shopping, I`ll be back in a few hours." And with that, she hopped in the truck and drove off.

So what did she get ya?:D :wavey

shaf
12-16-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Intel486

Why is he boycotting Meguiar`s? Guess I missed that story. http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16004

:D

BradE
12-16-2002, 01:37 PM
Steve,

I know exactally how you feel. I wash my Mom`s car every week, detail the interior, etc. About 2-3 days after it looks like it`s been driven through a garbage pile again. :(

Keep the faith buddy, at least your tryin`

SVR
12-16-2002, 09:39 PM
Read the attachment thread and was amazed at what the rep from meguiars said to you

I`d stay away from big companies like that

As i have said before, their domestic line of products are very average indeed and are aimed at the average joe

A comparison between retail pricing to what i pay from my wholesale supplier

Nagchampa
12-16-2002, 10:14 PM
My Wife this morning......"I didn`t have an ice scraper and there was so much snow on the truck that I had to find a stick to scrape off the snow"

Yeah. I know how you feel guys.:mad:

procareman50
12-16-2002, 11:55 PM
Nothing like a good stick treatment Nag....:bounce