PDA

View Full Version : Wax foam applicators

Murrayhe
12-15-2002, 05:07 AM
Does it matter what brand of foam applicators I use for waxing my car? Or are there certain things I should watch out for?

Lowejackson
12-15-2002, 07:23 AM
As long as it is clean and soft, you can you use brand you want.

Steven

imported_Intel486
12-15-2002, 11:48 AM
I agree with Lowejackson. I`ve been using cheap ones from pepboys for awhile now.

I plan on ordering a whole bunch from some place online for like .50 each.

Murrayhe
12-15-2002, 12:04 PM
I was looking over at CMAs site and they have the yellow pads (cuts more) and the white pads (less abrasive). Are the ones you buy at Pepboys the same?

bigpoppa
12-15-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Oggle

I was looking over at CMAs site and they have the yellow pads (cuts more) and the white pads (less abrasive). Are the ones you buy at Pepboys the same?

I think you`re confusing the yellow foam pads used for hand wax application, i.e. the ones at pep boys, etc. and the white/yellow/orange/gray pads for the PC from CMA. each is used for different things. the hand pads at pep boys won`t make much difference which you use as long as it`s clean and soft.

CharlesW
12-15-2002, 12:40 PM
Do you think it might be worth trying the applicators you plan to buy befor you stock up on them. The following information concerns a severe swirl problem that Nattbumppo had this summer. After checking his procedures step by step, he posted the following:

"The results are in and the odds on favorite for creating the swirl problem was the Eagle One grey applicator. The other possible culprit was the Water Sprite synthetic chamois but since I`ve been using that for a year I seriously doubt it. Either way, both the water sprite and the two E1 applicators have been assigned tire duty from here on out."

No doubt the applicators he had a problem with were not cheap, so price doesn`t necessarily indicate the quality.

You can get a 2 pack of Meguiar`s at Wal*Mart for $1.67 every day.

Charles

Murrayhe
12-15-2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Ds01C5

I think you`re confusing the yellow foam pads used for hand wax application, i.e. the ones at pep boys, etc. and the white/yellow/orange/gray pads for the PC from CMA. each is used for different things. the hand pads at pep boys won`t make much difference which you use as long as it`s clean and soft.

Indeed I have mixed them up. :eek:

I am talking about the wax applicators, not the polishing ones at CMA.

imported_edschwab1
12-15-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Intel486

I agree with Lowejackson. I`ve been using cheap ones from pepboys for awhile now.

I plan on ordering a whole bunch from some place online for like .50 each.

Do you have link for this place?

I use the meguiars or pinnacle foam apps.

Eric

Redcar GUY
12-15-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by edschwab1

Do you have link for this place?

Eric

Pepeboys is a auto store like autozone :)http://www.pepboys.com/

imported_edschwab1
12-15-2002, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Redcar GUY

Pepeboys is a auto store like autozone :)http://www.pepboys.com/

I meant for the on-line source for .50 a piece.

Eric

Mindflux
12-15-2002, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by edschwab1

I meant for the on-line source for .50 a piece.

Eric

ditto.

:bow

Redcar GUY
12-15-2002, 09:52 PM
LOL My bad:o

Mmmph
12-15-2002, 09:55 PM
http://www.topoftheline.com/foamwaxap.html

6/3.00

Bassinmax
12-16-2002, 05:13 PM