PDA

View Full Version : An observation

Craig1Jac
12-14-2002, 10:52 PM
An observation

Just clayed and waxed my wife’s 2002 Jetta with Clay magic and S100.

I was very happy with both products. However there was an added advantage that I have never seen in 30 years of working with cars.

I live in Vancouver Canada, an area famous for its continual rain at this time of year. I waxed her Jetta last weekend and that is 7 days ago and it has rained every day since. Yet looking at the car as it sits in the garage, after 7 days use, and it still looks absolutely clean. The rain and dirt must have beaded off.

Anyone seen this sort of thing before???

Jngrbrdman
12-14-2002, 11:11 PM
I am actually running a test to that very affect. P21S/S100 seem to handle the dust in the rain like no other carnauba can. I`ve got a thread going on somewhere in here with the progress. I did one half of my trunk in P21S and the other half with Souveran. I`m just waiting for some weather so I can guage my results. :xyxthumbs You are absolutly right about it though. Amazing stuff.

shaf
12-15-2002, 02:26 PM
Hi there fellow Vancouverite! :wavey

Good to see you like the S100. It really is great stuff and I`m glad you`re getting similar results as Jngr. He reported a similar observation with his P21S a few months ago and is now doing a proper comparison as he mentioned.

If I can get off my duff long enough I`ll see if I can give my car one more S100 coat and see what happens (#26 is on top right now).

Did you buy your Clay Magic from Bashir`s in Richmond?

Craig1Jac
12-15-2002, 04:29 PM
<<Did you buy your Clay Magic from Bashir`s in Richmond?

Yes....I believe the 200 gram bar was $38.00

S100 came from a Harley dealer in Langley and was $27.00

Don`t remember the name of the Harley dealer as a friend bought it for me. The S100 is the best wax I have ever used ( in 30 years ) and only hope it remains available in Canada.