PDA

View Full Version : Ordered some glazes

imported_Intel486
12-14-2002, 10:04 PM
As some of you can tell from my recent posts is that I`m searching for a good glaze.

Today I ordered

One Grand Omega Glaze

Meguiar`s #3 Machine Glaze

Mother`s Sealer and Glaze

Has anyone used any of the above listed items? Do you have any application tricks, etc. ?

Sometime soon I`ll be picking up some Meguiar`s #7 as PepBoys carries it here.

What other glazes should I look into getting to try out?

I`m planning on ordering three 3m products but I`m getting worried about my CC bill. It has the carpet extractor on it as well as some other stuff :D

forrest@mothers
12-14-2002, 11:31 PM
Intel - on flawless finishes, I find applying a thin coat of our Sealer and Glaze in a back and forth motion (not circular), and removing while still damp with a MF works quite well.

imported_Intel486
12-15-2002, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by forrest

Intel - on flawless finishes, I find applying a thin coat of our Sealer and Glaze in a back and forth motion (not circular), and removing while still damp with a MF works quite well.

Thanks Forrest. I`ll see when I can get a chance to try it out once I get it.

Does the Sealer & Glaze provide any protection? Abrasivse?

Steve @ Guru
12-15-2002, 02:00 AM
The Mothers glaze is a *great* product. I gave it a shot last week, and really liked it.

Although, I pulled out the P21S GEPC today for the dark blue Tahoe, and that stuff continues to amaze me. It runs circles around Meguiar`s #7, #3 and Omega in my book. It`s almost unbeatable.

imported_Intel486
12-15-2002, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by geekysteve

The Mothers glaze is a *great* product. I gave it a shot last week, and really liked it.

Although, I pulled out the P21S GEPC today for the dark blue Tahoe, and that stuff continues to amaze me. It runs circles around Meguiar`s #7, #3 and Omega in my book. It`s almost unbeatable.

Great, wish you posted this before I ordered the others :D

Scottwax
12-15-2002, 02:30 AM
Machine Glaze #3 is a very good product, but Meguiars Hand Polish (BSP line) is even better, IMO.

Geekysteve is right though about GEPC. As good as #3 and Hand Polish are, you get just as good, if not slightly better results with GEPC and it is easier to use.

When Clearkote makes Vanilla Moose (their polish/glaze) available, you might also want to try it. I got a bottle to test and it is an outstanding product, right up there with GEPC and it will remove light oxidation with very little effort...without leaving scratching or marring that you need to remove with a swirl remover. Vanilla Moose seems to have actual cutting power that is a little weaker than Swirl Free or #9. It leaves the paint slick and shiny like GEPC does. It is supposed to be out sometime early in 2003. I`m ready to order some just as soon as it is available.

lmetten
12-15-2002, 01:01 PM
yes i have tried the omega glaze it is a great products a little hard to remove if you use to much but it brings out black like whit on rice and after the glaze treatment apply a good canuba man you will have a car show shine

stuart hicks
12-16-2002, 05:33 PM
Just want to chime in to say that the Mothers sealer & glaze is a fantastic product.

The liquid carnuba cleaner wax is just as good, plus it cleans if needed.

I know everyone is in love with the s100/p21s but the Mothers Carnuba paste without cleaners to me is the best paste wax.

I am addicted to the smell of the stuff. Maybe this is how they get ya.

Scottwax
12-16-2002, 07:16 PM
Here is an example of silver paint that I polished with Vanilla Moose and waxed with S100. Pretty intense reflections and deep gloss from the combination.

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/878s100_on_silver.jpg

The more I use Vanilla Moose (and I am almost out :( ), the quicker it is becoming my final polish of choice. Just as wet looking as Hand Polish, just as slick and glossy as S100 SEPC/P21S SEPC and it wipes off with ease.

mrdetailer
12-16-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by geekysteve

I pulled out the P21S GEPC today for the dark blue Tahoe, and that stuff continues to amaze me. It runs circles around Meguiar`s #7, #3 and Omega in my book. It`s almost unbeatable.

I tried the S100 version by hand and got all of the gloss everyone is talking about. It also was amazing as a polish before applying Blackfire GEP and Paint Protectant. But, at least by hand it seemed to emphasize rather than fill in small scratches or swirl marks. How well does it fill in marks when used by a PC?

Scottwax
12-16-2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by mrdetailer

I tried the S100 version by hand and got all of the gloss everyone is talking about. It also was amazing as a polish before applying Blackfire GEP and Paint Protectant. But, at least by hand it seemed to emphasize rather than fill in small scratches or swirl marks. How well does it fill in marks when used by a PC?

I wouldn`t recommend using S100 SEPC as a swirl or light scratch remover, it isn`t very abrasive, mostly fillers and gloss enhancers. Try using Meguiars or 3Ms swirl removers first, then follow with S100 SEPC.

mrdetailer
12-17-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

I wouldn`t recommend using S100 SEPC as a swirl or light scratch remover, it isn`t very abrasive, mostly fillers and gloss enhancers. Try using Meguiars or 3Ms swirl removers first, then follow with S100 SEPC.

Thanks Scott. As always you have relevant information. This had been my experience, but I just wanted to be sure Next spring, it will be DACP or #9 then S100 SEPC.

SEPC certainly gives an amazing final shine.