PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Black Micro Fiber Towels

detailbarn
12-14-2002, 07:53 PM
Does any one make a black MF towel , if so can you let me know their website. Thanks

PakShak
12-14-2002, 07:57 PM
hello detailbarn,

You might want to check out www.properautocare.com (Classic Motoring Accessories). I have heard they carry a black micro fiber towel but I am not sure of it`s composition and use.

With Aloha,

Ranney

Detailing NY
12-18-2002, 05:38 PM
I have blue ones if that helps you

detailbarn
12-18-2002, 05:42 PM
I`m being really anal , I want to color cordinate all my stuff in the garage. Since it`s going to be black&white floor , black cabinets , white , black and red walls. Thats why I wanted black red and white MF towels , don`t mind me I know I`m ill:eek: :D

Detailing NY
12-18-2002, 05:45 PM
If i can give you a thought

I use all different colored MF`s

the reason is not to get confused:

white: polish removing

red: compound removing

blue: wax removing

green: interior detailing

etc.....

This way you can just grab the towel and start. no need to smell it or see what is on the towel already

detailbarn
12-18-2002, 05:47 PM
Thats exacly what I was going to do , but I wanted the black instead of blue , however you said red

I haven`t gotten there yet , where do you get the red ones from and what size are they?

imported_edschwab1
12-24-2002, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by NY detailer

If i can give you a thought

I use all different colored MF`s

the reason is not to get confused:

white: polish removing

red: compound removing

blue: wax removing

green: interior detailing

etc.....

This way you can just grab the towel and start. no need to smell it or see what is on the towel already

NYD,

Did you buy the various colors from Neatitems or elsewhere. Also, thanks for the tip on differnt colored towels for different tasks.

Eric

imported_Custom Detail
12-24-2002, 07:50 AM
Color coordinated.....Thats a great idea.

Redcar GUY
12-24-2002, 10:39 AM
you all know how much I try to match all my stuff, but as I found..... Dont sacrifice a good product for the color, I wish I had red but the Best MF’s are not red so I will live with it…

imported_edschwab1
12-24-2002, 04:40 PM
RCG,

Maybe PakShak will order red special for you.

Eric

Redcar GUY
12-24-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by edschwab1

RCG,

Maybe PakShak will order red special for you.

Eric

How did you know I was talking about Pakshak ;)

detailbarn
12-24-2002, 06:33 PM
For those interrested I will be having some custom microfiber towels made up in the near future , I am not in the business to resell these however I do have to buy alot so if anyone is interested in purchasing some with me or from me let me know.

I`ll be getting , black , red , white , and grey. Not sure what type , probally a mix of terry style , suede , and something new t-shirt style MF , from what they tell me it`s more aggresive for windows and stuff.

Like I said I`m not in the towel business , I just want specific towels for my business and thought others might want to get in on it.

MicrofiberTech
12-24-2002, 09:11 PM
One thing about most microfiber that my partners and I have noticed, buying lots of different types and colors of microfiber over the years from different companies and countries, is that the darker colors tend not to be as soft and fluffy as the lighter colors.

We have often bought the same type of towel in different colors and the lighter colors almost always feel significantly softer.

All microfiber starts out white, and then it is dyed. And it seems to be that the dyes weigh down the fibers making them feel less soft and fluffy.

Another thing, especially with red, is that the darker colors tend to bleed a lot more.

This is why we don`t recomend dark color towels or red towels to our customers when fulfilling larger custom orders.

I hope this helps in your quest for black towels! I have, though, seen some great Grey Towels!

imported_Goose
12-26-2002, 07:48 PM
CMA has a black mf towel called The Max I think its made by Viper if I`m not mistaking