PDA

View Full Version : Coscto mfs, what uses?

zesty-man
07-28-2004, 09:22 PM
about a month ago, my mom and dad came home from coscto with some yellow mfs. however, at this time i was already using ranney`s mfs, so i didnt really have a use for them. instead, i doonated them to my mom for household use, but she only uses 2-3 of them. if i remember correctly, epicivic has a lot of them in his closet. is there anything that i should costco mfs on? im thinking maybe i can use it for wheels or something. i just hate to see it wasted, collecting dust on the shelf of where my mom stores all of her cleaning stuff. ideas?

tkr128
07-28-2004, 10:21 PM
I`ve been using them in my interior and for the "dirty work" (wheels, tires, undercarriage). Works great in these cases!

zesty-man
07-28-2004, 10:21 PM
yea, thats what i was sorta thinking. those really dirty places where you dont wanna touch with ranney`s mfs...

nickis
07-28-2004, 11:03 PM
I bought some cheap WalMart MFs that I use for the interior, windows and doorjambs. They`re nice because they free up my good towels for buffing and save them from getting grimy. It just doesn`t feel right using a $5 towel to clean dried up Coke out of a cupholder...

EBPcivicsi
07-29-2004, 09:22 AM
I like to use them on interiors, door jambs and engines. I also have about 50 which I keep seperate for "other people`s paint" I have not seen any marring from using them. They certainly don`t hold up as well as pakshaks or other premium towels. They will lose their plushness after several washes. At about .72 each, they are a great bargain.

FWIW, I don`t like to use them for wheels because I don`t want to get them confused. I have a set of blue towels which I use for use "wheel only" towels.

They will also lint some, but after a few washes that is gone. They also seem to vary in quality from batch to batch.

Tralfaz
07-29-2004, 09:34 AM
I`ve used them on everything with no problem. I think the most important thing with MF is keeping certain ones for specific jobs. I find that MF trap dirt and debris very well when used in general cleaning, the problem is they are so damn effective at trapping little particles of dirt, debris, etc. in the fibers, almost like velcro. This becomes a problem if you used one for all purpose cleaning and then after washing it began to use it for a buffing towel etc., some dirt particles may still be lodged in the towel. I use MF for cleaning everything from my floors, wine glasses etc. The ones at Costco are fine as long as you specify a purpose for them, they haven`t scratched the 911 yet.

zesty-man
07-29-2004, 04:18 PM
hmmm, i was using them to clean my mom`s dirty rims with S & W, and one thing that i instantly noticed was that they do not absorb nearly as much as ranneys. however, it felt good that i used them for that job, because after i was done, they were sorta black..... as my mom calls them, the "inferior cloths"

denverdetail
07-29-2004, 07:04 PM
hey zesty,
All my current MF`s are the Costco ones. If you remember about a month ago I posted that I ruined a whole washer full of MF`s by washing them with a scouring pad. I have noticed that they don`t initially absorb water, once they get slightly damp they do great though. I have to say that I`m actually pretty impressed with those yellow towels. For the price, you can`t beat `em.

zesty-man
07-29-2004, 07:16 PM
i get cheap ones from ranney ^^

rollman
07-29-2004, 07:37 PM
If any of you are members or know any of BJs Wholesale club . They have a 25pk of 16x16 for $12.99, that works out to .52 each. Not a bad deal huh !