PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on P21S...

Pages : [1] 2 3

breakneckvtec
12-14-2002, 09:09 AM
Paint cleansing lotion, what do you guys think of it, anybody tried it?

breakneckvtec
12-14-2002, 09:43 AM
Is it a glaze, or will it remove swirls?

imported_BretFraz
12-14-2002, 02:54 PM
Awesome product!! A perfect final polish after paint cleaning/swirl removal/leveling. I use it with a PC and a white finger pad prior to Zaino.

F1Crazy
12-14-2002, 04:52 PM
P21S Paintwork Cleansing lotion is really great! Follow up with their wax and you won`t believe the results!

It contains mild abrasives and oils to make swirl marks less visible and enhance the shine so remember to wash it off if you`re going to apply any polymer.

Jngrbrdman
12-14-2002, 11:35 PM
GEPC is great. It is basicly the same as Pinnacle`s Paint Cleansing Lotion. The best thing about it is that you can easily apply it by hand and get good results. I use it for mild waterspots all the time. Very good product. I think it is a must for any detailer`s garage. :xyxthumbs

Scottwax
12-15-2002, 02:18 AM
P21S GEPC or S100 SEPC are incredibly good final glazes to use immediately prior to waxing. I feel the shine and depth are very close to Meguiars Hand Polish without the minor smearing when removing HP. GEPC/SEPC slick up the paint nearly as good as the wax does and makes waxing easier since the wax seems to glide on with no effort.

breakneckvtec
12-15-2002, 07:23 PM
I was going to use meguiars medallion paint cleaner to remove my swirls and then follow with 3M SMR to get the paint swirl free before I zaino. Would you guys go over it with the P21S after the SMR or before? Or even yet would P21S eliminate the need for SMR and vice versa? How abrasive is the SMR? How abrasive is Meguiars Medallion paint cleaner for that matter?

F1Crazy
12-15-2002, 07:36 PM
SMR is more abrasive than P21s GEPC so you want to use it after SMR. Check your finish after SMR, are you happy with it? If yes skip P21S, if not give it a try.

I don`t have any experience with Medallion line, maybe Scottwax will comment.

eclemens
12-16-2002, 11:05 AM
Wow, maybe I go against the norm, but the GEPC step between my last detailing of SMR/GEPC/P21S concours was absolutely vital. I was very pleased after the SMR, and almost didn`t use the GEPC (my first time). Boy am I glad I tried it on a section. Even though I was in a hurry, it made enough difference to do the whole car...

VV

Originally posted by F1Crazy

SMR is more abrasive than P21s GEPC so you want to use it after SMR. Check your finish after SMR, are you happy with it? If yes skip P21S, if not give it a try.

JUNNIEIV
12-16-2002, 07:42 PM
I love it, I was disappointed w/ Meg`s #7 my last wash so I bought the s100 paint cleanser, I was stunned at the difference in shine, smoothness and deepness.

Scottwax
12-16-2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by F1Crazy

I`m not a big Medallion fan. I`d use either Swirl Remover #9 2.0 (Mirror Glaze line) or Swirl Free (Body Shop line) to remove swirls and minor scratches, then follow with GEPC/SEPC prior to waxing. It is worth the extra step.

breakneckvtec
12-16-2002, 11:24 PM
Isnt #9 non abrasive? How can it remove swirls?

AMP01
12-16-2002, 11:42 PM
No. 9 is a swirl mark remover. It has oils in it but it is abrasive.

No. 7 is their product that is pretty much just a glaze with no abrasives.

Cheers,

My 7 Series Site (http://www.cardomain.com/id/amp99)

imported_chewy
12-17-2002, 07:06 AM
I was out X-mas shopping when I drove by a Harley dearlership. I stopped in and they had a good sized display of S100 products. Got some SEPC and some S100 paste wax. Can`t wait to try it--after all of the great reviews of both products--am hoping for warm weather!

The guy at the dealership must not of thought I looked liked I rode a motorcycle since he asked me in an inquisitive tone whether I was going to use the S100 on my bike. I said no--putting in on my cars. He went on to say that he has a lot of folks come in to buy it for their vehicles and all swear by it. I told him about Autopia and he was really excited--I bet we will soon have another member! Now, I just hope I do not have to wait till March or April to use it:bounce

imported_Intermezzo
12-17-2002, 11:23 AM
The first time I used this product, I was simply amazed at how easy it was to use and how well it removed/filled micro-swirls & hazing. Although I still use Mother`s Sealer/glaze once in a while, P21S GEPC pretty much blows the "old-shool" glazes out of the water when it comes to ease of use, shine & slickness. This product pretty much renders them obsolete...IMO.