PDA

View Full Version : got the pc

ClimberGuy4
12-13-2002, 09:49 PM
From coastal tool, with a bunch of supplies from CMA.

I`m gonna detail the `01 Maxima tomorrow, as it`s being sold soon. This will be my first full detail (i.e. clay + SMR) because I`ve only ever detailed my parents` new cars.

Anyway, after having spent forever on the boards, and reading the ebook, I still have a few questions. Firstly, the ebook puts using a paint cleanser a step before using an SMR. Since p21s lotion and the like are less abrasive, shouldn`t this be done after? Secondly, many recommend using a QD while applying klasse but I`ve heard different opinions as to what kind should be used. Clear pearl apparently has carnuaba, which affects the klasse application, while sonus is the same acrylic formula. Which one is better when applying AIO and SG?

Here`s what will be done on the exterior paint:

1)wash

2)clay (I might get ABC soon so I can do both)

3)wash

4)3M SMR for light cars (it`s a medium metallic blue)

5)p21s cleanser

6)AIO x2

7)SG x5

8)p21s wax x2

Sound good?

Thanks for all the help I`ve been getting. Best detailing forum on the net.;)

37buckeye
12-13-2002, 10:04 PM
I use Meguiars Final Inspection while applying Klasse. It has worked well for me each time. I have to say that the use of QD makes a big difference in the application and removal of Klasse.

As for using the Sonus QD, wouldn`t any acrylic that it applies be removed by the application of AIO?

-ema

shaf
12-14-2002, 12:41 AM
Sounds good. I`d skip the 2nd wash though because if you`re wiping the surface off as you go (like you should) you shouldn`t need another wash.

I ended up using no QD when applying Klasse because I was applying it in such thinness that there was a danger of confusing dried QD for dried Klasse SG. I used pure water mist instead, and also used water mist to aid buffing.

Are you going to apply AIO by PC? I`ll be doing it that way next spring.

ClimberGuy4
12-14-2002, 12:50 AM
Thanks for the info. Still not sure about skipping the 2nd wash. I`m trying to make the car look absolutely stunning. Still debating on whether or not to use a jack and take off the wheels to thoroughly clean them...

I don`t know if I`ll apply klasse by hand or PC. If there are any benefits to doing it by PC then I will, but otherwise it`s so easy to apply and buff off that doing it by hand should be fine. I got some MF bonnets so I might use those to buff off residue.

By the way, how long should I leave AIO and SG before adding coats? I`ve heard anywhere from 2 hours to 24 and I only have the weekend.