PDA

View Full Version : touchless in Schenectady

Spyder
12-13-2002, 10:19 AM
anybody know a good touchless car wash in the albany or schenectady NY area?

jimmybuffit
12-13-2002, 02:09 PM
Frankly, Spyder, I don`t know of a good touchless car wash.

Period. Anywhere. JMHO

Jim

Steve @ Guru
12-13-2002, 02:38 PM
I disagree somewhat with that - in a pinch, when I have no other alternatives, I`ve found that the Laser brand of touchless car washes seem to do an ok job. I`ve certainly never found any swirling or marring as a result of using them - but, they also don`t completely remove the dirt/road grime...

In a pinch, like when the car is completely trashed & you can`t stand to drive it a minute longer looking like it does, the Laser hasn`t disappointed me too badly. They`re sort of hard to find though...

Spyder
12-13-2002, 02:57 PM
well yes i agree,

if i coudl i would only was by hand but in the winter i dont really have much choice. I really cant wash it by hand when it is cold and snowy, and i dont have a garage:( .

so unfortunately i think the touchless car wash is my only hope.

that said the only one i have come across in my area is one in a valvoline oil change shop. i`m thinking there has to be a better option.

any thoughts? is there some website or somethgin where you can go and enter your zipcode and search for car touchless washes?

1985MB380SE
08-31-2007, 09:31 PM
bumpity bump

Spyder
09-01-2007, 08:50 AM
since originally postign this i have found a couple that i use:

the first is upstate laserwash which is located on rt 50 in scotia by the air museum.

the other is colonial carwash - on nott street - king of on the corner of nott and erie.

hope that helps.

BlueLibby04
09-01-2007, 09:08 PM
The soaps they use are very harsh, thats so it will remove as much of the dirt as it can since it doesnt touch the paint.

I personally have only used one once in our area and it did an awesome job given my Jeep had been waxed. I would rather just use the coin-op`s and use the rinse wash. Does just fine IMHO.