PDA

View Full Version : How to remove swirls?

imported_ThreeSixT
12-12-2002, 04:42 PM
I know this is a shot in a totally different direction, but can somebody give me some info or a place to get good info on the proper way to REMOVE swirls? Thanks :xyxthumbs

Thinking the response to this post is going to be "Buy the EBook":doh

lmetten
12-13-2002, 08:37 AM
three if you purchase some perfect-it-III polish it does not have any fillers in it but you have to have a rotary buffer at about 1800 rpms should remove them with a white polishing pad make sure it is the 3m polish

Jngrbrdman
12-13-2002, 10:07 AM
You are right... This is a way different direction. I split your post off that thread and made it a thread of its own. It will get more views this way and you can be told as many times as possible to buy the eBook and do a search. :p lol j/k man. :xyxthumbs

imported_Tony
12-13-2002, 12:28 PM
Swirls: First decide if you are going to try and remove swirls by hand or PC. Then try a search in that direction.

CharlesW
12-13-2002, 12:39 PM
There is a very good thread on removing swirls with a PC in the Autopia Member Articles forum.

To remove swirls, you are probably going to need to invest in a PC. It can be done by hand, but it ain`t easy. Unfortunately, swirl removal is about all the use I get from my PC, but I can`t imagine doing swirl removal without one.

Charles

imported_Intel486
12-13-2002, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by ThreeSixT

Thinking the response to this post is going to be "Buy the EBook":doh

Check out the Ebook. It is a great source to learn from :)

You may also try a search...

Or you can buy some Meguiar`s #9, foam applicators, 100% cotton towels and get to work rubbin`

Detailing NY
12-13-2002, 06:23 PM
I will be glad to help you, but try the search button first.

I have sent so many replies on swirls.

you will get some great info from others as well...

imported_ThreeSixT
12-14-2002, 10:13 AM
Ok, I tried the search engine and most of the info in the posts that I found was fairly vague. So, help me out. What products will I need, procedure?

Detailing NY
12-14-2002, 10:25 AM
you will need 3m smr and a pc with cutting pad

work the smr around the panel till it is covered, then speed it up a little. once that is done take a mf and buff it off.

Look on angles and sunlight to see if the swirls are still there, you may need to repeat it.

hope this helps

ryeh2o
12-14-2002, 10:31 AM
Check the bottom of the home page on the left hand side, PAST ARTICLES. There is a great one in there from AlBoston about swirl removal.

shaf
12-14-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by ThreeSixT

Ok, I tried the search engine and most of the info in the posts that I found was fairly vague. So, help me out. What products will I need, procedure? Recommendations in previous posts are probably vague for a reason - that being that no one but the man on site (ie, you) can judge how bad the swirls are and how aggressive an approach to try first. It`s an in-person judgement call.

Alboston`s article is very good, and Geekysteve posted up an article at another site. There should be a link to it kicking around here somewhere...