before

http://camo.flage.net/albums/albun71/ghetto_winter_1.jpg

after

http://camo.flage.net/albums/albun71/dirty_bum.sized.jpg

:shocked

4 more months to go

Redcar GUY
12-10-2002, 01:13 PM
I feel ya man. No snow here yet but I am sure that it will not be long......

Kleanride
12-10-2002, 01:21 PM
I feel ya man. No snow here yet but I am sure that it will not be long......

Tru Tru....

Actually, today and the rest of the week we are have a MAJOR warm up! Close to 50 degrees!

:cool:

NattyBumppo
12-10-2002, 01:30 PM
I feel your pain too. We`ve already gotten more snow than we did all last winter......and it`s not even officially winter yet:( .

The weather man is calling for a mix of snow, sleet and freezing rain tomorrow. Sigh.....oh well, truth is I`d most likely miss the winter (certainly would miss autumn) if I moved somewhere into the sun belt. Just gotta deal with it.

imported_BretFraz
12-10-2002, 03:03 PM
Ya got snowies on steelies but your grass is still green and the sun is shining. Heck, I`d be happy about that. Down South the Bermuda grass goes dormant in the winter so it looks more wintery in Georgia now than it does in Ottawa.

jjagain
12-10-2002, 03:06 PM
the before pic was in mid november. the after pic was last weekend.

I put my winters on around halloween. there`s no point in driving around with z-rated rubber when it`s below freezing outside.

Taxlady
12-10-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by bretfraz

Ya got snowies on steelies but your grass is still green and the sun is shining. Heck, I`d be happy about that. Down South the Bermuda grass goes dormant in the winter so it looks more wintery in Georgia now than it does in Ottawa.

Our grass looks that in early spring when the snow melts - until it thaws out and turns brown :rolleyes:

icvci
12-10-2002, 03:50 PM
Gimme a snowy challenge!

I want e-brake doughnuts!

I want power slides.

I want a way to keep my car clean and still enjoy the snow. (It is pretty damn cool till it gets that black sooty look.) Wouldn`t be so bad if there wasn`t all that salt involved. White crusty mess.

Oh well...

Gimme a snowy challenge!

I want e-brake doughnuts!

I want power slides.

Beats the heat. I can always put more clothes on but you can only take so much off!

Brad B
12-10-2002, 06:14 PM
What? You mean you`re not washing the car every other day like I am? I also added a couple more coats of Zaino to aid the snow in sliding off. My wife is convinced that I am going to have a nervous breakdown by January.

http://www.fototime.com/82C775F50303D71/standard.jpg:eek:

ADetailer
12-10-2002, 09:10 PM
Nice garage.:xyxthumbs

C. Charles Hahn
12-10-2002, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Brad B.

What? You mean you`re not washing the car every other day like I am?

uh.... no? :o :doh

NattyBumppo
12-10-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by ADetailer

Nice garage.:xyxthumbs

I`ll second that! :xyxthumbs What kind of lift is that? I want one.

BTW...awfully close to the garage door, isn`t it :D ?

jjagain
12-10-2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Brad B.

[B]What? You mean you`re not washing the car every other day like I am? I also added a couple more coats of Zaino to aid the snow in sliding off. My wife is convinced that I am going to have a nervous breakdown by January.

adopt me

:bow

Brad B
12-11-2002, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by NattyBumppo

I`ll second that! :xyxthumbs What kind of lift is that? I want one.

BTW...awfully close to the garage door, isn`t it?

Thanks for the compliments!

You can get them several places. Do a web search for "Auto Lift". The retail ranges from $1500 to $2000. This one lifts 6000lbs. It`s a hydraulic lift with the electric pump mounted remotely under my workbench. I picked it up used from a friend for $50! He was upgrading to an in-ground lift and I was in the right place at the right time.

It is a little close to the garage door. I had it slid back there for a reason and haven`t slid it forward yet. It cantilevers back when it rises so that`s why the car is so low as you see it pictured now. Any higher and it would hit the garage door. :eek:

RedVR6
12-11-2002, 12:28 PM
zilla,

Don`t you love the residual slop given by the Golf on the rear end like that? I think that would make me nuts. :( I was a little stubborn last year and left my Z`s on the car and drove in the snow a few times...never will do that again. Picked myself up a set of snows this year for my winter rims and they already have paid for themselves!

Brad, the S4 is looking as filthy as ever! :D Your garage is still a topic of my garage talks. :up