PDA

View Full Version : Platinum Ultimate Paint Protection

Pages : [1] 2

mx5
12-10-2002, 08:17 AM
This is one special product. I have used Klasse SG, the original Blackfire, Liquid Souveran, and Blitz. None of these compare to the shine I get from the new version of Platinum. It really makes my car glow. The more applications the better it gets. Since the roads are coated with salt and now also with calcium chloride, I must say the durability is quite good. It has been a month since I applied two coats and a simple soap rinse made the car shine like I just waxed it. Platinum really keeps the dust and dirt off. Platinum is thick, but applies very easily. It takes a little longer to dry than most sealants, but definitely worth it. It also has a good price when compared to Klasse SG, Blackfire, Liquid Souveran, or definitely Zaino.

ashsarna
12-10-2002, 10:01 AM
Great news!! I have a very short list :D , and UPP version 2 is definately on it. I talked to the good guys at premiumautocare.com when they were about to complete testing it, and they said the slikness was unbelievable. A friend of mine has it on his auto and it really looks "wet".:) . A great alternative.

NattyBumppo
12-10-2002, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by ashsarna

they said the slikness was unbelievable.

I can attest to that :up. I`ve used the rev 2 PUPP and it is simply outstanding. My only problem is finishing up the rest of my ver. 1 PUPP :D .

EDIT: Forgot to mention I use AIO as a base rather than the Platinum Paint Cleaner. AIO is a much better cleaner and unlike the Platinum Paint Cleaner will add to the longevity of the final finish.

detailbarn
12-10-2002, 03:00 PM
do you have a link to their site?

CharlesW
12-10-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by detailbarn

do you have a link to their site?

www.premiumautocare.com

Been dealing with them since June of this year. Good people.

Charles:)

shaf
12-10-2002, 10:02 PM
Also www.tacscar.com

maxshine
12-12-2002, 02:22 PM
Was this recent ?

I thought the new formula came out back around the end of summer.

Jngrbrdman
12-12-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by maxshine

Was this recent ?

I thought the new formula came out back around the end of summer.

This is actually the third version of it. The second version came out around the end of the summer, like you said. The new version is slicker and more durable than the second one was. They`ve done something tricky to it I guess. They`ve made it slicker and more `Zaino-esque` I guess. :nixweiss

2wheelsx2
12-12-2002, 02:32 PM
So, sounds like AIO as a base is better than their cleaner? Anyone else have an opinion on this? I am really keen to try out Klasse, PUPP, or BF this winter, but I only want to get one.

Jngrbrdman
12-12-2002, 02:36 PM
AIO is a fine base. I think the reason that people use it here is because they had it on hand so there wasn`t a need to purchase another cleaner product. I`m sure the Platinum product works just as well as Klasse. I`d like to try them side by side so I could tell if maybe one works better than the other. Platinum has been a really good product for me in the past. The results are a little different that Blackfire, but they are both very pleasing. I think Platinum sparkles a little more than Blackfire does. Platinum doesn`t have quite as bad of a dust attraction problem either. They are both awesome to work with.

imported_Intermezzo
12-12-2002, 02:43 PM
$12.95 for the paint protection, $8.95 for the pre-cleaner? Wow, talk about a bargain!

According to what I`ve heard, the first revision was an increase in the polymer content and the second revision was a much larger, more significant increase in the polymer content.

NattyBumppo
12-12-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

AIO is a fine base. I think the reason that people use it here is because they had it on hand so there wasn`t a need to purchase another cleaner product. I`m sure the Platinum product works just as well as Klasse. I`d like to try them side by side so I could tell if maybe one works better than the other. Platinum has been a really good product for me in the past. The results are a little different that Blackfire, but they are both very pleasing. I think Platinum sparkles a little more than Blackfire does. Platinum doesn`t have quite as bad of a dust attraction problem either. They are both awesome to work with.

The Platinum cleaner is super mild and would be fine for new, like new or extremely well maintained finishes. AIO will get more of the "funk" out of the paint and do a much better job on daily drivers. AIO will also add some of the Klasse acrylic protection whereas the Platinum cleaner is purely a cleaner with no protection.

AMP01
12-12-2002, 03:39 PM
I have a question- I have heard that you can apply the new Blackfire on top of a glaze, (eg. No 7), but can you apply the new version of Platinum UPP over a glaze?

So far I have been applying P21S/S100 as a topper over AIO by it self but I am looking for an even better protection/shine under the P21S/S100 or not using a carnauba topper at all.

Cheers,

My BMW Site (http://www.cardomain.com/id/amp99)

Jngrbrdman
12-12-2002, 03:46 PM
Instructions regarding Blackfire are similar to the instructions for Platinum. They aren`t the same product, but they are used the same way. If Blackfire can be put over a glaze then so can Platinum.

2wheelsx2
12-12-2002, 03:53 PM
Anyone tried the PUPP QD, and is it effective? Meaning, does it enhance the polymers, or should I just continue with my Meguiar`s QD. I think I am going to get PUPP, just because of the price break. I am not worried about having protection from the cleaner, or harsh cleaning ability. I have lots of paint cleaner (Mother`s) and SMR`s for that.