PDA

View Full Version : AIO & SG with S100 or just AIO with S100

Pages : [1] 2

SHPatel
12-09-2002, 10:10 PM
The title says it all...I was just wondering whether I should buy both the AIO & SG or save a few bucks by just getting the AIO. But I`m definitely adding the S100.

YoSteve
12-09-2002, 10:14 PM
I`d get both, but if you feel you can get away with the cleaning step you probably could (or if you have other stuff to satisfy these steps (ie clay, PPCL, SMR). They make such a good couple and AIO does such a good job prepping for SG, it would always be better to have both. Good luck detailing :)

SHPatel
12-10-2002, 02:19 PM
Is it ok if I use AIO & SG and top off with S100. I could swear I read somewhere on some site that S100 and SG did not get along. But I`m not sure.

imported_Tony
12-10-2002, 03:01 PM
I have done both AIO then S100 and AIO & SG & S100. They work well together. If you have the time then I feel that AIO and SG gives a bit more shine and extra protection and then top with S100. Just to be clear there is no problem with Klasse and S100.

F1Crazy
12-10-2002, 03:09 PM
It`s absolutely O.K. to top Klasse with S100 or any carnauba wax and many people, myself included, do it with no problems.

Just remember that you can`t go back to Klasse after S100 without stripping it first since wax will prevent Klasse bonding to your paint. I`m sure you know that you can layer SG, so experiment a little by layering SG till you`re happy with the look of the car and then top it with S100.

F1Crazy
12-10-2002, 03:19 PM
I`ve heard opinions that solvents in waxes can cause some degradation of polymers. This opinion is very popular among Zaino users. If you`re still worried just leave SG alone, I think it looks great without toppers.

3 X SG only:

Re-Lax
12-10-2002, 04:22 PM
The guy from www.properautocare.com advises not to top off SG with S100. If you read the Klass section he believes that it causes hazing and does not look as good as just AIO and S100. He`s pretty credible.

F1Crazy
12-10-2002, 06:38 PM
Terry is talking about Souveran wax , not S100 or other carnaubas. It`s hard to argue with him since he has great knowledge and experience, but many people had great results topping SG with carnauba waxes and many had hazing problems using SG only. I think application technique and conditions are more likely to cause problems, not wax.

shaf
12-10-2002, 10:10 PM
Just take your time and don`t rush through the process. If you look through the archives real thoroughly, people have been topping off Klasse SG with wax for a pretty long time. Not everything CMA says is the last word, it`s just their opinion and they may also just be covering their behinds too.

In fact, for a while here, people were raving about and clamouring for the "ultimate" combo of Klasse SG and Souveran.

F1Crazy
12-10-2002, 10:39 PM
Not everything CMA says is the last word, it`s just their opinion and they may also just be covering their behinds too.

Exactly my point:D

I had a case of SG haze, when I thought I knew everything about Klasse and rushed the process. Just give SG more time to dry and cure than you think is good!

procareman50
12-10-2002, 11:44 PM
F1:

Great pics of the Bimmer Man!!:xyxthumbs :bow

YoSteve
12-11-2002, 12:42 AM
it was written somewhere by someone, from some e-mail (percise huh? ;)) that S100 was not advised to be used frequently due to its somewhat abrasive nature, something about intended for motorcycles that don`t get waxed often.

Perhaps this is why someone says it may not make a good topper over SG because it may clean it off.

(as inferred that`s just what I gathered from reading, I don`t actually know about S100) If it is a cleaner wax, then yes it may/will remove SG, defeating it`s purpose. If it`s not then you`ll have to look closer to see if this particular wax`s solvents affect the SG in a negative way. From what people post, it sounds like it shouldn`t.

ashsarna
12-11-2002, 09:13 AM
If you do a search you would find that AIO+SG+S100/ps21 is one of the popular combos out there. I personally feel that if you can afford it buy the sg (it will give that extra shine). The s100 as a topper is excellent!! I have personally been using it for over a year and the results are great. Especially since you are from an area that gets wintery/slush/snow, I would use the sg. Your car will be better protected/shine IMO since there will be times when your topper will not be able to be reapplied in the harsh winter months. My .02 cents worth.

p.s. I have also been using the AIO+SG+Souvergn combo and have only seen superior results. I realise that Terry does not suggest it, but, his team (I have talked to them on the phone) have recently been more receptive to the idea. Also, at autogeek.net (sister co.) they had been selling this package as a great combo.

imported_bigltc
12-11-2002, 11:56 AM
It`s perfectly fine topping SG with S100. Here`s a pic I found a few days after the application:

http://home.triad.rr.com/kchung/images/DSC00078.JPG

Another one...

http://home.triad.rr.com/kchung/images/DSC00085.JPG

Marj
12-11-2002, 03:42 PM
Nice Explorer, but I would like to know how to post a photo, I can`t even get a photo of a drawing posted. I am always told its too big. Geez its not even a photo, just a word document and I can`t get it posted, so how would I get a photo posted here?