PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with Griots garage polishes

jw
12-09-2002, 09:16 PM
what have people`s experiences been with their machine polishes and the orange pads that they sell. I had some of their Best of show wax and it was extremely difficult to remove.

VetteToVair
12-09-2002, 11:38 PM
they do a decent job and its nice how they are numbered 1,2, and 3 so noobs get the idea that you should gradually move to finer abrasives. i wouldn`t buy them again because there are products that do the same job, might be a little easier to use, and are definately cheaper. i would go into greater detail but i know this has been discussed several times.

bjwebster
12-09-2002, 11:41 PM
Run A Search..We Have Discussed This In Detail...

In A Nutshell, They Are Far From My Favorite Polishes!

I Have Them And Dont Use Them...They Are A Pita To Work With etc...

VetteToVair
12-09-2002, 11:44 PM
jw,

i just ran a search and saw that you asked the same question back in march and nobody answered. perhaps you should describe your paint condition, your goals, and how much time/money you are willing to put into this. judging by your consideration of griots, i would guess money isn`t of great concern:p

mszzpea
12-11-2002, 07:47 PM
jw:

Keep in mind that I am a novice detailer, and this was my first and only (so far) experience w/Griot`s.

I recently detailed my Montero w/Griot`s products. First of all, I was very impressed with the knowledgeable sales staff. Ordering was painless (except for the cost - the products seem a little pricey).

After cleaning the paint w/Griots clay and a PC, I used Griot`s Machine Polish 3 and a PC w/orange pad to remove swirl marks and light scratches. Used MP 2 on some heavier scratches that MP 3 wouldn`t remove, then went back w/MP 3. Both the MP 3 and 2 were quite hard to remove, even though I was careful not to let the polish sit very long. Next I used Griot`s Best of Show Wax applied w/a PC and Griot`s red pad. The BOS was easy to apply and relatively easy to remove -- at least compared to the MP 2 and 3. The MP 2 and 3 removed all the swirl marks and scratches and the BOS wax put a nice shine on the dark green paint. I`m very satisfied with the way my first big detail job turned out.

Like I said before, I`m a novice. Although I`ve hand-waxed a few cars over the years, I don`t have anywhere near the experience of the professional detailers here on autopia. I`ll keep using the Griot`s products until I run out, then I`ll most likely try some of the other products I`ve read about on this site. Good luck and have fun!

John

Detailing NY
12-11-2002, 07:54 PM
Griots is ok, i have used the best of show wax and i do like it.

I have never use the polish as it is to much money and there are other produts out there.

My I please ask you to become a contributing member on autopia. A lot of you questions will be answered in the ebook and you will like it a lot.

NYD

RedVR6
12-12-2002, 11:12 PM
I used their #2 polish along with their orange pad with my PC for the first time this past spring/summmer and was very happy with the results. I will be ordering their 3 pack of polishes this spring. I highly recommend giving their polishes a try.

BOS is a little tough to get off if spread on too thick...but does leave a good shine behind. I am also a fan of One Grand Blitz...tough choice between the two for me....