PDA

View Full Version : DIY wash bays (MD/VA)

Pages : [1] 2

big daddy
12-09-2002, 11:35 AM
Hey, i`m lookin for a DIY wash bay in the rockville MD area (home) or in the fairfax VA area (work). There used to be a nice one out in college park where I went to school, but I don`t plan on driving out there just to rinse down the car. :) Thanks!

imported_Aurora40
12-09-2002, 12:52 PM
The one in College Park is that new (a few years old) one on Rt. 1? I used to take the Corvette there occasionally. I think I still have a few tokens. That was a nice place.

I know of one in Leesburg, but that`s probably farther from Fairfax than you want to drive. Also, I believe the Flagship in Rockville has some DIY bays. They are on Rt. 355, but sort of north of where it`s called Rockville Pike. I think it`s called Hungerford Drive by the time it gets to the Flagship. It`s near the Staples, and just north of where the Hechingers (sp?) used to be (don`t know how long you`ve lived in Rockville), but not quite so far as Montgomery College.

big daddy
12-09-2002, 02:08 PM
Yea, the one on route 1 (a few blocks after 193 going towards campus) was the one I went to a few times. Pretty nice.

As for Flagship in Rockville, it`s fairly close to where I live. I`ll have to swing by sometime to check it out, thanks.

If anyone else knows of any places, feel free to post them up so we can get a small database goin. I`m sure we`ll be needing them all winter seeing as how nasty last Thursday was :D

MnRiverman
12-09-2002, 07:56 PM
Swee````er Splash is in Sterling (about 5 mins from my house)... but where is the one in leesburg?

imported_Aurora40
12-09-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by adg44

Swee````er Splash is in Sterling (about 5 mins from my house)... but where is the one in leesburg?

I can`t remember what it`s called. It`s kind of a hole. If you go west on Rt. 7 into Leesburg, you hit that sort of main street by the courthouse. I can`t remember what it`s called. Anyway, turn left on it and the carwash is a few blocks down on the left. I`ve never heard of that Sterling one. I`ll have to check it out sometime.

MnRiverman
12-09-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Aurora40

I can`t remember what it`s called. It`s kind of a hole. If you go west on Rt. 7 into Leesburg, you hit that sort of main street by the courthouse. I can`t remember what it`s called. Anyway, turn left on it and the carwash is a few blocks down on the left. I`ve never heard of that Sterling one. I`ll have to check it out sometime.

Where exactly are you located? It`s right off rt 7 and sterling blvd, but closer to the rt 28 side.

SHPatel
12-09-2002, 10:03 PM
I go to the Flagship Carwash in Rockville and it`s pretty good except for there prices ($2.50/cycle) I usually handwash my car there if I have the time. It`s a good place thats not to crowded except for the weekends.

MnRiverman
12-09-2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by SHPatel

I go to the Flagship Carwash in Rockville and it`s pretty good except for there prices ($2.50/cycle) I usually handwash my car there if I have the time. It`s a good place thats not to crowded except for the weekends.

How do you handwash your car at a pressure wash place? :confused:

I assume you bring a bucket and your wash mit and some soap, and then use their water? Hmmm.... that does seem really smart!

Antonio Wright
12-09-2002, 10:29 PM
I second the one in College Park but it can get very busy even during the winter time. You can also try the one right off RT1 in Laurel or you can try the one in Bowie right off of RT301.

-Antonio

SHPatel
12-09-2002, 10:39 PM
Adg, yeah I bring my own bucket and a wool mitt with my own Gold Class shampoo. I only use there water;)

MnRiverman
12-09-2002, 10:43 PM

Adg, yeah I bring my own bucket and a wool mitt with my own Gold Class shampoo. I only use there water;)

How the hell didn`t I think of doing that. That`s ingenius and so simple!

I`ll just bring an extra wash mit for my wheels.

I love this place! :D

SHPatel
12-09-2002, 11:30 PM
The only problem is that it`s freezing outside:D

I just moved here a few months ago and found this place that does handwashes for around $20 if youre interested. It`s called Details, Details, Details. It`s a litttle past the Flagship Carwash place on 355.

I haven`t used them yet but I have an appointment with them later this week so hopefully they`re good. After that I`m planning on claying the car, then AIO & SG, and finally S100 if the weather cooporates.

Antonio Wright
12-10-2002, 02:21 AM

The only problem is that it`s freezing outside:D

I just moved here a few months ago and found this place that does handwashes for around $20 if youre interested. It`s called Details, Details, Details. It`s a litttle past the Flagship Carwash place on 355.

I haven`t used them yet but I have an appointment with them later this week so hopefully they`re good. After that I`m planning on claying the car, then AIO & SG, and finally S100 if the weather cooporates.

Good choice. They do very good work... but I prefer to do my own cars. ;)

-Antonio

big daddy
12-10-2002, 09:22 AM
swung by flagship last nite, pretty decent.. altho i keep gawking at the prices of these things around here. :eek: the place in college park was $0.25 for 30 sec, flagship was $0.25 for 25 sec. theres a place i know of in PA that is $0.25 for 1 min!

KenB
12-10-2002, 10:57 AM
Flagship Carwash Ctr

785 Hungerford Dr

Rockville, MD 20850

301-738-2010

I go to their Gaithersburg locations during off hours and use a bucket too. $2.50 for 4:30 of water. I rinse the car and start washing, as usual, until the time runs out and then I finish the car w/o rinsing (about 1/2 left) and then add another $2.50 to rinse everything thoroughly.

I had my wife along to feed quarters, for continuous water supply, but the price jumped to ~$8. fyi

Tip: In addition to soap and buckets, bring your own hot water in gallon jugs. The actual GPM of those sprayers is rediculously low and if you use the "high pressure" trigger it will just blow out of the bucket and all over you. Ask me how I know.:D Plus it will save you time and a few $$ while just filling buckets with water.