PDA

View Full Version : Lots of lint coming off of me Charisma towel!

JL9000
12-08-2002, 03:51 AM
I posted this problem in another thread and I got no response, so hopefully I can get some answers starting a new topic.

I heard some good things about these towels, so I went to buy some, and a few days ago, I washed it and dryed it before I use it to dry my car, and there was a lot of lint. Do anyone else experience that? or do I have to wash the towel a couple more times to get rid of all that lint?

Thanks in advance!

Steve @ Guru
12-08-2002, 10:49 AM
Unfortunately, cotton towels typically leave lint behind, especially when they`re newer. This is why I`m guessing 95% of us have switched to quality microfiber towels; much less linting (almost none, if the quality is good) and at least twice the water absorbtion (at least with the BBT`s).

I`d wash `em a few more times, keeping the heat low on the dryer.

Blackmirror
12-08-2002, 02:06 PM
Yeah I`ve had this same problem with my Charisma towels. Maybe I shouldn`t leave the heat setting so high?

nerdhunters
12-09-2002, 09:34 PM
You need to wash and dry Charismas a whole bunch before they stop linting. I washed and dryed maybe 10 times before the lint trap in the dryer wasn`t loaded. After the initial "delinting" they have been really good.