PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Clay Magic

gearhead58
12-04-2002, 04:48 PM
I am new to claying and would like to try it. Where is the best place to but some Clay Magic Blue bar. My local auto parts store does not carry it. Thanks and what was the best price people paid.

Jngrbrdman
12-04-2002, 04:51 PM
Auto Zone can get it for you. If they don`t have it then they can order it in. They are a distributer of it so it shouldn`t be much trouble for them. Its about ten bucks for a clay bar and the lube. Or you can look online and get a 200 g bar for about $25 with no lube. It just depends on how much you need.

gearhead58
12-04-2002, 04:55 PM
Thanks, Where is a good online place to order? Also do I need the lube or just use water and soap?

Jngrbrdman
12-04-2002, 04:59 PM
Lube can be either a QD of your choice or just soap and water. The H2o is the cheaper of the two methods, of course. :p On some cars I don`t even bother drying them. I just use the standing water as lube. That works well if you don`t mind washing the car again after you are done claying. Check your PMs.

gearhead58
12-04-2002, 05:03 PM
Jngrbrdman,

Thanks for the info just what I was looking for.

ClayBartrug
12-05-2002, 12:05 PM
clay magic is usually sold with a bottle of lube... At least the way they sell it at Autozone, it is! :nixweiss

hondaguy2582
12-05-2002, 12:22 PM
i got mine for 9.99 and it came with the 100g clay bar and the lube. your better off getting two of these than buying the 200g clay bar for 25 bucks!!!!!!

masterfinish
12-05-2002, 04:32 PM
You will find the lube helpful over plain water. Soap mixtures can quickly turn the clay into mush, then you have to set it aside and wait for it resolidify. I use a mixture of 1/2 to 1 ounce water based tire dressing mixed with water in a 32 ounce spray bottle. Works great and have not paid extra for lube in several years. Finding clay is fairly easy. Looks under carwashing & detailing supplies or body & paint supplies. Both would have the product. You will not find many other brands still on the market as Auto Magic, holder of the patent has aggressively gone after illegal copies and won everytime in court so far. The stories have been followed closely in Professional Carwashing & Detailing Magazine.

Neb
12-05-2002, 04:56 PM
what tire dressing do you use exactly? when i first used the clay bar, i didn`t put enough lub, and eneded up scratching my paint :( (tho i did it in a hidden spot) so now i just spray excessively to make sure theres plenty of lube, but i used up that bottle that came with it pretty darn quick :o

masterfinish
12-05-2002, 05:10 PM
The easiest way to know if the dressing is water based is that they are white liquid rather that clear or blue. I use a dressing made in Denver, by a company called B&B blending. The name of the drerssing is Let It Shine. I am sure you can find some locally.