PDA

View Full Version : need sacramento body shop

medic
12-04-2002, 12:11 PM
damn box flew out of a pickup this morning and nailed the side of my maxima ripping the front bumper near the fender. Does anyone know of good body shops in sacramento? I know Gamboa is really good, but I need others in case my insurance says I can`t use them. Bertiluchi(sp) is good for paint, but they don`t do body work and I really need some place that does it all.

Also, beings it winter and I`ve been busy I haven`t had a chance to detail in a few weeks (I know, so bad) anyway, do I need to do anything special other then cleaning the car before I take it to the body shop - I have 2x AIO and 2x SG, should I strip those?

Also, any advise for dealing with the insurance company? They already said it`s going to be counted as my fault even the the box flew out of a truck at 70+ mph in the fast lane (my choices were box, wall, or slam on brakes and have a BMW rear end me, I chose box and I`m still being punished...

Anyway, if I want a full repaint and some other dents taken out of other body pannels can I ask for that or will that jack my rates even more. Basiclly, I figure as long as I`m paying the $500 decutible, I might as well get all the things I`ve been living with done.

Finally, should I wait until the spring or summer to get the work done? I don`t know if the colder weather and morning dew would affect the repair and paint job. It doesn`t snow here but rain is a possibility. The car is kept outside.

NGB34747
12-04-2002, 08:34 PM
Up here in B.C. this type of damage would fall under the category "hit by flying objects"

You would have to pay the deductiable but it would not be counted as your fault...... not sure about the insurance companies down there tho.

medic
12-05-2002, 03:39 PM
yeah, I`m arguing with my insurance company. I think the claims agent was smoking something becasue she asked why I didn`t try to find the truck the box fell out from and write down the liscense plate

my response was, "so after getting hit by an object that fell out of another vehicle, you want me to speed to catch up to this vehicle in traffic endangering my life and safety and that of others in order to get near this dangerous vehicle again so I can take my hands off the wheel to write down a liscense plate?"

There was silence on the other end.

Estimates so far seem to be in the 1500-2K range to replace the bumper cover and blend the paint across the fender and hood. I still need to go to the place 68GTO metioned.