PDA

View Full Version : Good bulk wax suggestions please?!?!

nonwelder
12-04-2002, 12:36 AM
I am looking for a decent wax to use in my small detailing business. Obviously, I would like something that shines well, and is easy to use. There is some campany in South Holland, IL, but the name has slipped my mind. If anyone can think of it, that would be great. Any suggestions you have are appreciated!!

Thanks,

Brett

NattyBumppo
12-04-2002, 08:12 AM
Coat`s Cherry Wet Wax (www.coatsproducts.com). Great gloss and reflectivity, inexpensive and without a doubt the easiest to use wax I`ve ever encountered.

ashsarna
12-04-2002, 09:43 AM
Try and check Topoftheline.com, they supply to detailing startup businesses (great service, advice and tools). They sell hi-temp products as well as their own.

Scottwax
12-04-2002, 11:56 AM
Wash Solutions carries the full line of Meguiar`s professional products and Magnum cleaners (they have an awesome upholstry cleaner!). You can contact Barry at barrys@wash-solutions.com

I am sure they can send you out a catalog and full price list. A gallon of Meguiars #26 High Tech Yellow Wax runs around $26 or so. The Magnum Upholstry Shampoo is about $8 a gallon.

Scottwax
12-04-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by NattyBumppo

Coat`s Cherry Wet Wax (www.coatsproducts.com). Great gloss and reflectivity, inexpensive and without a doubt the easiest to use wax I`ve ever encountered.

Maybe, but I have a hard time taking any company that includes this in a product description:

This products special blend of detergent resistant polymers, silicone resins, and fortified with Teflon this is the Ultimate in PROTECTION.

(the description is for their Ultra Seal)

When I saw that the first time I visited their site, I decided not to try their products. I just cannot support any company`s waxes that perpetuates the Teflon myth.

NattyBumppo
12-04-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

Maybe, but I have a hard time taking any company that includes this in a product description:

This products special blend of detergent resistant polymers, silicone resins, and fortified with Teflon this is the Ultimate in PROTECTION.

(the description is for their Ultra Seal)

When I saw that the first time I visited their site, I decided not to try their products. I just cannot support any company`s waxes that perpetuates the Teflon myth.

To be honest, I never even looked at that particular product because I have no need for it. I`ve tried a few of the Coats products and thus far the only one I`ve purchased is the CWW, which I like very much. I`ll most likely be ordering two other Coats products but the Ultra Seal is not one of them.

SVR
12-14-2002, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by OneQuickGT1

I am looking for a decent wax to use in my small detailing business. Obviously, I would like something that shines well, and is easy to use. There is some campany in South Holland, IL, but the name has slipped my mind. If anyone can think of it, that would be great. Any suggestions you have are appreciated!!

Thanks,

Brett

Cartec - Info@cartec.nl. cartec.nl/images.

haven`t tryed them either but i`m really over the moon with omikron and 3M so i`ll stick with them.

imported_Intel486
12-14-2002, 01:34 PM
I`d suggest Pro`s Satin Creme. It is a carnauba/polymer mix, which I`ve been using for some time. Doesn`t take a lot to wax a car with either. When using my orbital buffer to apply I can apply it super thin and do an explorer with under 2oz of product. As long as you apply it thin it is easy to buff off.