PDA

View Full Version : End of year club meet, want to keep it clean!

Paintxpert
12-03-2002, 08:12 AM
Hi all,

I did a search on this but it just yields too many results!

I am attending our club`s end of year big meet this Sunday and before hand I will be waxing it and generally making it look perfect for the day.

But, I have to travel about 100 or so miles to get there and I am sure it will get bits of dirt/dust/bugs/etc on it by the time I am there.

I want to quickly detail it when I am there. Whats the best thing to take?

I thought maybe QD spray and MF cloth, but I`m worried about scratching and other things.

Richt
12-03-2002, 09:27 AM
I always take a spray bottle of qd, two spray bottles of water, some instant show shime for the rims and loads of cloths. Or my other methosd is leave a little early find a garage on the way, use a water disperser there and a bucket and wash any really dirty bets properly. When are cloths arrive and i pick them up ill show you my boot!

Paintxpert
12-03-2002, 01:14 PM
Thanks Rich :xyxthumbs

What would be the best process then? Spray water all over the car and dry and then all over QD and dry?

What is this wheel stuff?

Richt
12-03-2002, 01:54 PM
Just spary water on the dirty bits and wipe then Quick detail. Any real dirty and i dont risk it fill the bucket and wash. Auotoglym instant show shine from halfords.

Jngrbrdman
12-03-2002, 01:57 PM
This is exactly why I have a removable bra. A clear bra is in my future someday, but for now I`ll deal with taking in on and off. When I have to drive that far and its important that my car look nice when I get there, then I just throw the bra on and then take it off once I get there. Normally I will still wash it once I get there (depends on how bad the trip was) Road grime and crap like that just makes the car look nasty. The bra does help keep it less buggy though. Some bugs are straight acid and you want to keep them off your paint.

Paintxpert
12-03-2002, 02:38 PM
Good work guys.

May the weather gods be with me Sunday :wavey :bow :D

Richt
12-03-2002, 03:20 PM
If its flies your worried about, if its cold you wont get many, you will laugh at this, cling film the bonnet lip and the valence.

Lowejackson
12-03-2002, 03:39 PM
Flies, over here, in winter :confused:

Anyway, best of luck at the show. :up

Rich, I have seen the Autoglym Show Shine, what is it like, any good? I presume it is designed to be used over Extra Gloss, but how does it work over wax?

Steven

Richt
12-03-2002, 04:45 PM
Its messy to apply, not a true QD, ive never used it on my paint, seen people do it at shows looks ok. Just use it on my rims instead of polish if im in a hurry, Or if i have just washed and applied tyre dressing. Its ok, gives a good shine, smels ike wood polish (pledge) its derived from the instant bike polish, which came about as aloy of guys use me sheen etc on ther bike panels .