PDA

View Full Version : S100 Removal ?

maxshine
12-02-2002, 05:03 PM
I topped my BF2, LS combo w/S100 over the weekend. I applied it to the entire hood (taking my time) and then buffed. It came off easy but not as easy as LS. I`m thinking it may have dried a bit on me. Next I applied to only half of the roof and then buffed off and it came off easier than the hood. (removed w/Koala Towel)

Does this sound about right for S100 removal ? This the first product I`ve used when I didn`t need to wait for the product dry - so it felt a little strange.

Thanks for your comments.

AMP01
12-02-2002, 05:14 PM
S100/P21S is really easy to apply and remove. I apply about a 2X3 ft. section and wipe off. No need to wait for the haze! I just love the stuff! By the way, how does the S100 look on top of the new Blackfire? If you can, please post some pics.

Cheers,

S100 on my BMW (http://www.cardomain.com/id/amp99)

shaf
12-02-2002, 06:06 PM
Just adjust how large an area you apply it to before buffing according to how long it takes to dry out. You want to put it on really thin and buff it out before it dries. Sometimes I just do a 1x1 section.

C. Charles Hahn
12-02-2002, 06:16 PM
if it does dry out on you a little, take a mister bottle with some distilled water, spritz that on there and remove it. Works like a charm!!

Pats300zx
12-02-2002, 06:59 PM
I noticed the same problem with S100 if I let it dry. The key was to take it off as soon as it was put on. With a MF towel it comes off really easy. I just worked in small sections.

I love this stuff....:up

mrdetailer
12-02-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by AMP99

S100/P21S is really easy to apply and remove. I apply about a 2X3 ft. section and wipe off. No need to wait for the haze! I just love the stuff! By the way, how does the S100 look on top of the new Blackfire? If you can, please post some pics.

Cheers,

S100 on my BMW (http://www.cardomain.com/id/amp99)

This weekend it was 48 degrees. Enough for detailing -- barely. Since it was much cooler than usual, rather than doing my usual 2 X 2 foot area I did the entire roof or hood then removed it. It occassionally got a little firm to remove, but I would still do it again at that low temperature. Doing the entire horizontal surface before buffing was definitely too much.

P21S really looks good on Blackfire II. Reflections are still very clear, and it has more depth. It was really good on red, but on white, it looked like it was bathed in liquid pearls. Sorry, don`t have a digital camera.

Loved the look on both cars. It`s worth a try.