PDA

View Full Version : detailing on LI

Fritz
12-02-2002, 01:48 PM
I have a bud who has offered to detail my car ( he has a biz doing it).

But he uses 3M stuff and I’d prefer Zaino. Am I being silly about that or is 3M more or less good stuff that won’t kill the finish as I’m too lazy or busy, depending, to DIY.

Alternatively, id there anyone here that is western Suffolk based that used the Zaino product line and also does clay?

Jngrbrdman
12-02-2002, 01:52 PM
3M makes products that repair the surface of your car. Zaino is pretty much for looks and protection. If you have swirling or oxidation going on, for example, then Z isn`t going to cut the mustard. He may use 3M because that is the best product for the job. Zaino is pretty expensive for professional detailers to offer. You could ask him what types of sealant services that he offers though. Its possible that he has some other type of polymer sealant treatment that he offers. Most industrial detailing chemical suppliers have some kind of sealants they sell.

Another option would be to give him your Zaino and have him apply it on your car for you. If you have it availible but just don`t have the time to apply it, then I`m sure he`d help you out there. You`d just probably have to supply him with the product. I`ve done a couple special jobs where they have requested I use their products on their cars. I figure that their money spends just as well either way. :) The less of my own product I have to use means the more my profit margin goes up. I`m happy to do it.

Fritz
12-02-2002, 01:58 PM
I thought of that. I hope that idea wouldn’t blow his mind.