PDA

View Full Version : New Car...Suggestions?

computersplus1@yahoo.com
12-01-2002, 01:30 PM
Ok, I didn`t get much help/response in the university forum, so here goes...

I just brought home my 2002 Audi A4 1.8T last night and as a very pro-active detailer, am curious on which products to or not to use on my new paint i.e. polish (Klasse AIO and SG), terry towels vs. microfiber, PC Polisher vs. apply by hand, foam applicator vs. microfiber??? Should I just go with straight wax to start, or is it safe to use AIO? How about the 3m product for new paint? The dealer said they apply a "milky" light quick wax coating/detailer product on a regular basis following washing, but I want to immediately start my own treatment. Thanks in advance. :xyxthumbs

Patrick
12-01-2002, 01:45 PM
AIO w/SG would be fine, BF polish and protection would be good too.....you failed to mention the color.....you shouldnt have much prep work, that would allow for easy applications by hand, unless you prefer PC......You should clean the paint with a cleaner though....you never really know what they put on it prior to delivery, not to mention salts that it may have on it from the boat ride over here !

Pats prescription would include....:

1. wash (shouldnt need a clay treatment, but consider it if the surface is a lil rough)

2. paint cleanser (sponge app, then 100 % cotton, then MF)

3. polish (sponge app, then 100 % cotton, then MF)

4. polymer x2 (sponge app, then 100 % cotton, then MF)

5. carnauba x1....(sponge app, then 100 % cotton, then MF)

6. should be a beauty !!

:xyxthumbs

computersplus1@yahoo.com
12-01-2002, 03:14 PM
Nogaro Blue, the one and only...Thanks Pat, appreciate the help. Nice to have a second opinion...great minds think alike:xyxthumbs

anderson,s.k.
12-03-2002, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by indigofast

Nogaro Blue, the one and only...Thanks Pat, appreciate the help. Nice to have a second opinion...great minds think alike:xyxthumbs

Just did a brand new one friday ,pre polish w/auto majic xp polish follow w/top of the line new top of the line paste similiar to sovereign unreal the diff owner brought it all the way to Va.frm New Jersey good show that ,one long distance detail ska

C. Charles Hahn
12-03-2002, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by indigofast

Ok, I didn`t get much help/response in the university forum, so here goes...

perhaps this is because all the questions you want answered have already been answered by either:

1) David`s eBook

2) Searching the Forum

Remember, you`re not the first noob... others have asked and gotten answers. Perhaps you can read through those posts by searching, or download and buy the eBook.

jimmybuffit
12-03-2002, 11:14 PM
Based on the advice given in just this thread, I can see the scratches from the Midwest!

Please do some searching - buy the E-Book!

Your Audi is much too nice to screw up so soon! 86 those terry towels!

Jim

BradE
12-04-2002, 07:45 AM
In the future please do not double post threads; it`s not appreciated by membership or administration alike.