PDA

View Full Version : Remote starter

lonestar
11-30-2002, 01:27 PM
I want to get a remote starter so I can defrost the windows without going out and starting the car. Do I have to remember to leave the car in defrost mode every time I turn off the car in order for the remote to work? Does anyone have recommendations on a particular model and where to get it?

I did a little research and noticed that some models work with an existing keyless remote. That sounds good.

TheOzzfather
11-30-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by sync

I want to get a remote starter so I can defrost the windows without going out and starting the car. Do I have to remember to leave the car in defrost mode every time I turn off the car in order for the remote to work? Does anyone have recommendations on a particular model and where to get it?

I did a little research and notice that some models work with an exitisting keyless remote. That sounds good.

But I will reply because the mods will move it.

Some good brands are Black Widow, Viper, and Clifford. Yes you will need to leave the car on defrost. I do not recomend you leave it on high. i leave mine on the # 3 setting before I get out of the car. I have a range of about 3 football fields. Mine had an alarm that came with it and it was $525 including install and some features I added, but I got a deal. Without an alarm expect to pay around $200 plus the little addons that add up quick for instalation. ANy other questions you can PM me.

lonestar
11-30-2002, 01:58 PM
Thanks. I wasn`t sure which forum to use. I thought this one might apply since it has to do with removing ice and I`ve seen several posts here about removing snow.

shaf
11-30-2002, 03:13 PM
Some cars will not let you leave the rear window defrost on, depending on if it has a mechanical switch or just throws a relay. My car for instance, has a relay so I can`t just push the button and remote start it next morning. There may be a way around this, but it might be complicated/expensive.

I hope your car has an automatic transmission too, otherwise it can get more complex or "under the table". :D

Redcar GUY
11-30-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by sync

Thanks. I wasn`t sure which forum to use..

No big deal, over time you will get it down :):xyxthumbs