PDA

View Full Version : Going to detail new Honda

Blackmirror
11-30-2002, 01:15 AM
We just got a 2003 Honda Accord coupe and its a very nice car. We got a silver one and I want to make it glitter. Now this is the first time I am gonna work on a new paint job. I only had experience detailing my GN that has 16 yr old paint. I`m thinking of giving a quick wash and using AIO and then SG for a start. Was wondering if there are other products you recommend using for a Silver car.

mrdetailer
11-30-2002, 01:53 AM
for increased depth of shine.

Blackmirror
11-30-2002, 08:51 AM
I still have a Meguiars #24 Yellow wax. Would that be ok? How often should I apply that on a new car?

Blackmirror
11-30-2002, 09:09 AM
Or could I just apply Klasse SG on the new paint?

CharlesW
11-30-2002, 09:33 AM
While not everyone on this site will agree with this, why don`t you use the AIO and Platinum UPP? I seem to remember that you had good results with UPP on your GN, so you probably already have it. Regardless of other opinions, I can tell you that I have been using the UPP since last June, and I have three vehicles that get lots of compliments. You most certainly could use a carnauba topper. I have used S100 as a topper on one car, and it looked great. It looked awfully good with the UPP to start with, though.

Charles

F1Crazy
11-30-2002, 09:57 AM
With your new car do the following:

1. Wash the car, use dawn if dealer prepped it to get rid of the junk they put on the car.

2. Clay

3. Apply SG (yes, skip AIO)

This is exactly what I did on my new BMW and it looks stunning!

I put 4 coats on paint and 1 on wheels to make cleaning them easier. I`m not going to top it and probably will try Zaino in the spring.

AIO will not harm your paint but is not necessary on a new car. I try to avoid any abrasives as much as I can.

CharlesW
11-30-2002, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by F1Crazy

This is exactly what I did on my new BMW and it looks stunning!

Your new BMW probably looked stunning even after the dealer got through screwing with it.

Seriously, sound like you have a system that works.

Charles

F1Crazy
11-30-2002, 11:17 AM
I told the dealer not to touch the car or I will not take it. They didn`t wax it but couldn`t resist cleaning the windows (smears everywhere). There was a tiny scratch on the trunk but 3M SMR took care of it.:xyxthumbs

Klasse works great but just by looking at some pictures Zaino IMO is more reflective on lighter metallic cars.

tkr128
11-30-2002, 03:40 PM
Congratulations on the new Accord! I have a 2002 in Satin Silver Metallic too! The first thing I did was wash with dawn and clay it. You wouldn`t believe how much crap was on the paint already. Then I Z`d mine. I guess you could skip the dawn if there are no oils and just wash with regular soap. Then clay it. I haven`t used Klasse, so I can`t help you there.